Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol::lol: You don't even know what the word means man.

contradiction
kɒntrəˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: contradiction; plural noun: contradictions
a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.
"the proposed new system suffers from a set of internal contradictions"
  • a situation in which inconsistent elements are present.
    "the paradox of using force to overcome force is a real contradiction"
  • the statement of a position opposite to one already made.
    "the second sentence appears to be in flat contradiction of the first"
    synonyms: denial, refutation, rebuttal, countering, counterstatement, opposite
Show me in any of my posts where any of that applies.

You can hide behind it as a way of not admitting you're wrong about Anita though. It's funny watching you flail around like a fish on the beach to make out you never said what you said, just because you made the wrong call. Like I said at the time, big deal but you couldn't wait to jump on it. I suppose if it's so important to your life to be constantly right about everything on a football message board, it's no real surprise you can't admit when you're wrong.

But don't you worry about that, I'll hang around to remind you now and again just how wrong you were when you expressed, quite clearly and with no coercion, your own opinion, and no-one else's opinion except your own, that Anita was first choice right back for you. Oh how I laughed.:lol:
This reasoning:
  • "I said Moyes can spot a good defender. You said McNair and Love. I pointed out they were back up to be developed and McNair might end up in midfield. And I said might. And it is actually the only position he's played for us, even Rodwell went to centre half before he did. Unlike Anita, who has played most of his career as a midfielder and you claimed he would be first choice right back"
  • "Transfermarkt has him as a defender but both him and his international manager see him as a midfielder. Seeing as it's midfield he's played for us maybes Moyes thinks the same"

Contradicts this reasoning:
  • "Sorry if they've got it wrong, but the point still stands. You've signed two right backs and according to you, Anita is first choice right back. In fact, it seems a bit bizarre to spend money on two right backs yet still have a midfielder starting over them"
  • "After all, Gamez is listed as a right back and played most of his career there but offers the versatility of slotting in at left back, same as Colback can from midfield. And Anita can slot in at right back from midfield"
  • "A player who has played more games in midfield than any other position is a midfielder"
  • "Just seems odd that you've signed two right backs, one for free and one for £5 million, yet still have a midfielder as first choice right back"
  • "I thought he was primarily a midfielder who can fill in at full back. Not sure I'd be happy at spending £5 million on a full back who wasn't as good as a midfielder playing there instead mind"

Who are you playing tomorrow?

Nobody knows or cares.

I literally have no idea.
If you don't care why have you asked who we are playing twice?

Not one other Premier League Club came in for Pogba either. I'm not sure I understand your point.
Maybe the price put them off ,let's face it how many could afford him

He's f***ing shite :D

Not a patch on Bardsley who were still trying to replace
Got to agree here we never did replace bards , he wernt shit mind , I seen love play and imo Man U have had us over , but also watched Spurs preseason tour live on Sky ,everybody who went to euros were given time off , you could see why we got him on loan so easy ,trippier head and shoulders above , they even had a younger player starting before yedlin ,who was also tried at lb and was right out his comfort zone ,was plan c for Sam. When he was after cover and seems never in moyes plans

Last edited:
This reasoning:
  • "I said Moyes can spot a good defender. You said McNair and Love. I pointed out they were back up to be developed and McNair might end up in midfield. And I said might. And it is actually the only position he's played for us, even Rodwell went to centre half before he did. Unlike Anita, who has played most of his career as a midfielder and you claimed he would be first choice right back"
  • "Transfermarkt has him as a defender but both him and his international manager see him as a midfielder. Seeing as it's midfield he's played for us maybes Moyes thinks the same"

Contradicts this reasoning:
  • "Sorry if they've got it wrong, but the point still stands. You've signed two right backs and according to you, Anita is first choice right back. In fact, it seems a bit bizarre to spend money on two right backs yet still have a midfielder starting over them"
  • "After all, Gamez is listed as a right back and played most of his career there but offers the versatility of slotting in at left back, same as Colback can from midfield. And Anita can slot in at right back from midfield"
  • "A player who has played more games in midfield than any other position is a midfielder"
  • "Just seems odd that you've signed two right backs, one for free and one for £5 million, yet still have a midfielder as first choice right back"
  • "I thought he was primarily a midfielder who can fill in at full back. Not sure I'd be happy at spending £5 million on a full back who wasn't as good as a midfielder playing there instead mind"

That isn't an explanation of any type of contradiction, that's just a list of quotes. I'm guessing the reason why I'm not seeing any explanation of a contradiction is because you can't come up with one because there isn't one. Me saying I don't know whether McNair will end up a centre half or centre midfield has no bearing on your claim that Anita would be your first choice right back. I accept McNair has played most of his club games at centre half but he plays in midfield for Northern Ireland and has played there, and only there for us. Admittedly, that hasn't been very often. But there a couple of hints that his future may be in centre midfield. Then again, maybes it isn't. He's at the start of his career and yet to nail his position down.

Although I have no idea what any of that has to do with your claim that Anita, who has played most of his career in centre midfield and can fill in at right back, was going to be first choice right back ahead of Gamez and Yedlin. Who are actual right backs, although Gamez can fill in on the left. These are players with established positions and in the case of Anita and Gamez, versatile enough to fill in elsewhere.

I just thought it was funny you thought Anita was first choice right back ahead of Gamez and Yedlin, that's all. Don't take it to heart, not like you suggested Marek Hamsik.

That isn't an explanation of any type of contradiction, that's just a list of quotes. I'm guessing the reason why I'm not seeing any explanation of a contradiction is because you can't come up with one because there isn't one. Me saying I don't know whether McNair will end up a centre half or centre midfield has no bearing on your claim that Anita would be your first choice right back. I accept McNair has played most of his club games at centre half but he plays in midfield for Northern Ireland and has played there, and only there for us. Admittedly, that hasn't been very often. But there a couple of hints that his future may be in centre midfield. Then again, maybes it isn't. He's at the start of his career and yet to nail his position down.

Although I have no idea what any of that has to do with your claim that Anita, who has played most of his career in centre midfield and can fill in at right back, was going to be first choice right back ahead of Gamez and Yedlin. Who are actual right backs, although Gamez can fill in on the left. These are players with established positions and in the case of Anita and Gamez, versatile enough to fill in elsewhere.

I just thought it was funny you thought Anita was first choice right back ahead of Gamez and Yedlin, that's all. Don't take it to heart, not like you suggested Marek Hamsik.
Your reasoning is that Anita cannot/should not be picked at right back by Benitez because he has played most of his games at centre midfield. Your reasoning is that McNair can play in midfield even if he has played most of his games as a defender by Moyes.

Edit - McNair can play/be picked

Last edited:
Your reasoning is that Anita cannot/should not be picked at right back by Benitez because he has played most of his games at centre midfield. Your reasoning is that McNair can play in midfield even if he has played most of his games as a defender by Moyes.

No, I didn't reason that Anita cannot/should not be picked at right back because he played most of his games in midfield. I never even said that as I did say he was capable of filling in there. Versatility I think it was called. What I did reason though, unlike you, was that Anita wouldn't be first choice right back due to him being a midfielder and the fact you have signed two right backs, one of whom, Yedlin, I reasoned would be your first choice right back mainly as you spent £5 million on him.

So try again with an explanation of a supposed contradiction. But this time do me a favour please and actually stick to what I've said rather than make shit up. Thanks.

No, I didn't reason that Anita cannot/should not be picked at right back because he played most of his games in midfield. I never even said that as I did say he was capable of filling in there. Versatility I think it was called. What I did reason though, unlike you, was that Anita wouldn't be first choice right back due to him being a midfielder and the fact you have signed two right backs, one of whom, Yedlin, I reasoned would be your first choice right back mainly as you spent £5 million on him.

So try again with an explanation of a supposed contradiction. But this time do me a favour please and actually stick to what I've said rather than make shit up. Thanks.
Sure, whatever you say bud.

Sure, whatever you say bud.

:lol: No explanation then. Thought not. And wrong about Anita being first choice right back an all. Never mind, hope you get over this terrible message board trauma quickly and get back to proving to everyone just how right you are about everything.

:lol: No explanation then. Thought not. And wrong about Anita being first choice right back an all. Never mind, hope you get over this terrible message board trauma quickly and get back to proving to everyone just how right you are about everything.
It's all been said before.

Last edited:
The whole shit about this is that he's went to our nearest and dearest and we've been scuppered at RB...

Yeah Love has done crap since he's come, but he wasn't brought in to start and show what he can do the here and now.

DM clearly didn't see Yedlin as his long term RB and fancied someone better...

I can't speak for others, only myself but I want you to know that I do not read your posts. They are often so long winded and boring that I just miss them out.
What I cannot get is why you think it's ok to come on here and spend literally hours daily posting about the scum. Get a life you sad feck.

Maybe the price put them off ,let's face it how many could afford him

Got to agree here we never did replace bards , he wernt shit mind , I seen love play and imo Man U have had us over , but also watched Spurs preseason tour live on Sky ,everybody who went to euros were given time off , you could see why we got him on loan so easy ,trippier head and shoulders above , they even had a younger player starting before yedlin ,who was also tried at lb and was right out his comfort zone ,was plan c for Sam. When he was after cover and seems never in moyes plans

I agree about Bardsley. I liked him. Saying that it is a worry we haven't replaced him with some better. As for Yedlin, he is a long list of mediocrity that has played for us. Seb is better at right back than Yedlin... Wey he is on footy manager.

I can't speak for others, only myself but I want you to know that I do not read your posts. They are often so long winded and boring that I just miss them out.
What I cannot get is why you think it's ok to come on here and spend literally hours daily posting about the scum. Get a life you sad feck.
Cos he is more bothered about the rivalry between us than supporting his club. You know the types man we have a few. The types that only bother to rock up to the ground on derby day. Flimsy, no mark supporters, if you like.

Yedlin is a big lightweight and shaky defensively. Not great going forward either, he's just quick as fuck

I'm glad we didn't go for him at £5m, but I think he'll have a good season in the Championship

Well you clearly weren't bored enough to put me on ignore and you clearly were invested enough to post a reply, a reply that added nothing to the discussion, now that's boring.

No, you made up things that I said. That's not the same as showing a contradiction which you have failed miserably to find as there wasn't one there. Anita first choice right back, how I laughed.:lol:

About you making shit up. Sure, here you go.

I never said that about Anita, and I certainly never reasoned it. So you're making shit up. As I pointed out to you earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back