Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

He'd have been much more useful than McNair in those first two games for the same outlay and we wouldn't have had to endure Love starting games.
Very much this.

The suggestion that Moyes must not like him is probably more a case of Short not liking the price-tag.

Not sure why people are happy with a loan signing who was signed into a 2 year loan deal and binned off after 10 games.

If he is good, he will be sent back. If he is shite well he is shite.

Yedlin wasn't a world beater but looked decent on many occasions and BSA converted him into an accomplished fullback. Last 11 games he played very well.

Poor decison for me. Compounded by the love and McNair signings.

I'd have happily taken him back for the position Love is in now, a "promising" right back as back up to our main RB - although Love so far appears massively inferior to Yedlin. The main problem is that we haven't signed that main RB yet.
Good point, well made.

Not sure why people are happy with a loan signing who was signed into a 2 year loan deal and binned off after 10 games.

Yedlin wasn't a world beater but looked decent on many occasions and BSA converted him into an accomplished fullback. Last 11 games he played very well.

Christ man Love and McNair will be forgotten on September 1st.

BSA didn't want him and neither does Moyes

I'd have taken him as like most have stated already he is better than Jones and Love

Think the kid from Athletico will be better mind so fair play

We just need to resign ourselves that we have Love but at 500k it wont break the bank

The mags relegated and still showing more ambition than us. Utter clowns running our club for years now.

Two disaster signings instead.

The Mags are doing what they can to ensure they get back to where we currently are.

They're doing it by overpaying for less than average players and inflating the transfer market.

Think we're all kidding ourselves to say we wouldn't of had yedlin. Proved he was a capable performer last year.

this

everyone saying he's shite only doing so because he's going to the mags

he was very decent the back end of last season and was coming on well. disappointing to see him go to them because we won't pay the money

I disagree. Our fullbacks were still our worst performers even when the whole squad started to look very very good. Would have been madness to pay 5m on Yedlin.

this

everyone saying he's shite only doing so because he's going the the mags

he was very decent the back end of last season and was coming on well. disappointing to see him go to them because we won't pay the money
I've said this all summer. Not good enough, we can get better for 5m.

I hope he does ok for them. If he gets off to a bad start the crowd will ruin a decent full back.

Think we're all kidding ourselves to say we wouldn't of had yedlin. Proved he was a capable performer last year.
I wouldn't and I'm not going to change my mind just because he has gone to Newcastle.

Christ I'm certain people on here want to sign him just so Newcastle can't. The lad is ok and will need replacing if they come up. We need better than him. Are we really throwing the towel in after this short time Moyes has been here?

He is bang average. The goal by Campbell against Arsenal in the cup summed up why he will never make a defender. Ball watches while the winger makes a run in behind him.

Not good enough for midfield so they converted him into a fast defender who can't defend.

Been a defender since first year of college. Tested out at wing occasionally, but he is a fullback.

And lord knows that no fullback has ever been beat back post for a goal before! Even if he had 5 such plays, thats what happens to young fullbacks in there first season in a top league. He bounced back and was very good end of last season, shows strong mentality.

I've said this all summer. Not good enough, we can get better for 5m.

we've already wasted £5m this summer on two completely pointless signings. a young lad out way way out of his depth and the second coming of Tommy Miller

£5m for Yedlin seemed a no-brainer to me like

Great. 5.5m wasted. Least with Yedlin we would have known want we had. McNair had one of the worst 45 mins possible on Sunday. Doesn't bode well
Wasn't that said of Kirchoff when the final whistle went at Spurs away last year?

I don't care about knowing what we have I'd rather we got someone I've never heard of and turned out to be better.

this

everyone saying he's shite only doing so because he's going to the mags

Or we have a better right back lined up !??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back