Yardy Out of World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
f***ing depressed!!!!!

Playing a game that you love for a living, travelling the world, staying in best of hotels, never enduring a British winter, having a laugh with your mates day in day out. Get real!!!

fair enough he might be missing the wife and kids but after his career is over then he'll have plenty of time for them and be living reasonably comfortable I would have thought not worrying about mortgages and other bills.

Get a grip man and grow a pair

Its hard to believe, considering he is a proffesional sportsman but depression can affect anyone.

hutch said:
f***ing depressed!!!!!

Playing a game that you love for a living, travelling the world, staying in best of hotels, never enduring a British winter, having a laugh with your mates day in day out. Get real!!!

fair enough he might be missing the wife and kids but after his career is over then he'll have plenty of time for them and be living reasonably comfortable I would have thought not worrying about mortgages and other bills.

Thank you!

f***ing depressed!!!!!

You should get a job with the samaritans.

It's not the training that is the problem, it's the ridiculous scheduling of international cricket. Nobody knows just what the root of Yardy's problems are but I'd say there's a fair chance he is rundown and tired of the constant and at times monotonous international schedule he has faced in the last 12 months.

If he has depression then I wish him well.

But FFS "constant and monotonous international cricket schedule"? :lol::roll:

Aye, its a bastard when you keep having to go to "work".

I wonder what factory or shop workers would think of that.

Of course, Yardy himself hasn't said this, as far as I am aware.

f***ing depressed!!!!!

Thank fuck for someone with a grip on reality.

f***ing depressed!!!!!

Being in India isn't all its cracked up to be, bar training they will be in their rooms or the hotel itself all day everyday due to security reasons. He is surrounded by teammates not necessarily friends who wouldn't understand his problems nor would he want to talk with them about it. He is probably his own biggest self critic and his poor performances and the stick he has received in the press probably has taken his toll compounded with his other problems.

It’s ok being round friends/teammates for a while but to put a brave face on everyday and try to act normal takes a lot of doing. Particularly when all you want to do is be on your own or with your family while you are constantly being hassled by teammates, press and fans with no-where to go and be away from it. He will probably have to answer questions about his behavior/manner which will no doubt have changed too, things like “whats up Yardy?” being asked everyday and him having to deny anything.

If feeling the way he probably does it will also be very hard to motivate himself not only to train but to actually play and these I feel are the reasons he came home. Depression is a very debilitating illness so it must have been hard.

His other problems may be things like financial, drugs, gambling, family or marriage problems. Just because he earns a decent amount of money doesn't mean anything Gordon Ramsey is struggling to pay his mortgage bill these days.

Hopefully he will get some decent help but training and being on his own was a very strong indication of depression but the biggest sign for me was the last game Vs WI when they came out to sing the national anthem he put on a very fake smile while all the rest of his face looked as though he wanted to cry.

Money and a decent job can make you less vulnerable to depression but to say you shouldn’t have it is laughable. He probably wakes up everyday feeling like shit and constantly being down on himself and his situation.

He did grow a pair he told it like it was he could easily have stayed there and not given his best if/when called upoun.

Last edited:
Being in India isn't all its cracked up to be, bar training they will be in their rooms or the hotel itself all day everyday due to security reasons. He is surrounded by teammates not necessarily friends who wouldn't understand his problems nor would he want to talk with them about it. He is probably his own biggest self critic and his poor performances and the stick he has received in the press probably has taken his toll compounded with his other problems.

It’s ok being round friends/teammates for a while but to put a brave face on everyday and try to act normal takes a lot of doing. Particularly when all you want to do is be on your own or with your family while you are constantly being hassled by teammates, press and fans with no-where to go and be away from it. He will probably have to answer questions about his behavior/manner which will no doubt have changed too, things like “whats up Yardy?” being asked everyday and him having to deny anything.

If feeling the way he probably does it will also be very hard to motivate himself not only to train but to actually play and these I feel are the reasons he came home. Depression is a very debilitating illness so it must have been hard.

His other problems may be things like financial, drugs, gambling, family or marriage problems. Just because he earns a decent amount of money doesn't mean anything Gordon Ramsey is struggling to pay his mortgage bill these days.

Hopefully he will get some decent help but training and being on his own was a very strong indication of depression but the biggest sign for me was the last game Vs WI when they came out to sing the national anthem he put on a very fake smile while all the rest of his face looked as though he wanted to cry.

Money and a decent job can make you less vulnerable to depression but to say you shouldn’t have it is laughable. He probably wakes up everyday feeling like shit and constantly being down on himself and his situation.

He did grow a pair he told it like it was he could easily have stayed there and not given his best if/when called upoun.

That is an absolutley fantastic post, probably the best I've seen on this board, never have I seen depression described and explained better.

That is an absolutley fantastic post, probably the best I've seen on this board, never have I seen depression described and explained better.

I agree, some outstanding ignorance on this thread.

Apparently cricketers have a far higher proportion of suicides than average (by x number of peopleper thousand) and other sports, I suspect a lot of players have suffered in silence in the past.

I don't care what anyone else says about living the high life, playing a game for a living, spending months at a time on the other side of the world will get at everyone to some degree.

The longest I've spent away from home for work was 5 nights in Bracknell, I hated it, can't imagine a few months of it.

Just a few words to put Yardys plight into perspective.... Japan Tsunami. Now that's something to be depressed about

What was Steve Harmisons reason for not touring, apart from him being shite.
I remember he got some stick on from this board for being a soft shite yet people seem happy to defend Yardy.

Oh thats right Harmy is a stinking Mag, I forgot

What was Steve Harmisons reason for not touring, apart from him being shite.
I remember he got some stick on from this board for being a soft shite yet people seem happy to defend Yardy.

Oh thats right Harmy is a stinking Mag, I forgot
Don't think the word 'depression' was ever mentioned with Harmison though.

He should try watching cricket that would make me depressed.

f***ing depressed!!!!!

FFS mate listen to yourself!!
No one knows the reason why he has depression - there may be other things going on in his life that you know fuck all about. It can affect anyone in any walk of life. Just because he has a job most of us would kill for doesn't mean he is immune to it.

Telling him to get a grip shows you probably know fuck all about the illness:roll:

Just a few words to put Yardys plight into perspective.... Japan Tsunami. Now that's something to be depressed about
It's quite clear you know nothing about the illness and nothing of what Yardy's problems may be.

All you're doing at the minute is embarrassing yourself by appearing ignorant and obnoxious.

More depressed than your life makes you ? Move along.

I have watched three games of cricket and one was supposed to be an entertaining one think I would rather watch paint dry.

If he is depressed playing the game its not half as depressed as what I would be watching it.

Each to their own I guess! :lol:

Excellent post.Puts into perspective the ignorance that some are showing about the very complex issue of depression its management and the wider of issue of mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back