1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xmas lights up already

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Dave Herbal, Nov 8, 2017.

1. I noticed one up on 31st October just up from the bp garage in ferryhill

2. Botchie

Botchie Winger

Same day as us. Going to take the bairns to Beamish to sing some carols, go skating and see Santa. Then back home to put the tree up with loads of kets.

Butcher's Coat likes this.
  3. b1gals

b1gals Winger

Rasputin isn't very festive, mind:neutral:

Space Hopper likes this.
  4. becs

becs Striker Contributor

:lol:

Had the Bob Dylan Santa one on since then.

5. foolzy

foolzy Winger

There's a tree up in shields on the new estate where the Northern bus depot used to be. I don't understand it, Xmas is shite, full of wankers getting too pissed, causing bother, pissing everyone off.

Shove yer xmas and yer tree right up yer hoop

6. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you fella?

7. foolzy

foolzy Winger

Don't like xmas, don't like the forced happiness, it's bollocks

8. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Christmas is love, Christmas is peace. A time for hating and fighting to cease.

9. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Love it me. Looking forward to it more than ever this year.

Still, decs up no more 2 weeks before.

10. Slow joe

Slow joe Goalkeeper

I often hear people describe Christmas as 'forced happiness and I never understand it. Off work, drinking pretty much everyday, eating lush food and seeing friends and family. How the hell is it forced ?? It's class and people are happy cause it's class.

Mackem00 and HABA87 like this.
  11. Bedders

Bedders Midfield Contributor

Hope it went well?

12. foolzy

foolzy Winger

I never understand this argument. You get two days bank holiday at xmas, any additional time is annual leave. I can do any of the above at any time of the year.

I'd rather be off work, drink, see friends in the summer than when it's fucking miserable weather, always dark, cold and the same shite songs played over and over and over and over and over and over......

13. Slow joe

Slow joe Goalkeeper

Oh well were going to have to agree to disagree then.

14. Patch

Patch Winger

It was probably never taken down.

Very true. It was a shame how he carried on. :neutral:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    chriswallace85 likes this.
  15. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

^Miserable twat. ^

Mackem00 likes this.
  16. Luca

Luca Midfield

We're all gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye.

17. WHD

WHD Striker

I seen a chistmas tree in a house window on the 6th November. Get bonfire night out of the way and it's the countdown to christmas in some houses.

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

Put our lights up outside this week while the weather is OK.

Wont be turned on until December.

19. Parkmaverick

Parkmaverick Striker

The least people can do is wait until after the 11th Nov - never seems right people selling poppies at the same time shops are blaring out - I wish it could be Christmas

20. WHD

WHD Striker

TBH, I think it's ridiculous putting decorations up this early. I understand why shops do it to get people spending, but in people's houses? Sad as owt. My missus puts the tree up at the start of December and I think even that's too early.

That's what yule was invented for (before the christians renamed it). To brighten up those days at the darkest time of year. It's no coincidence it coincides with the shortest day of the year.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017