Xbox one X

Status
Not open for further replies.

£450, no thanks, Unless you have a 4k TV to purely play games on its pretty pointless.

4k will be the new HD soon where it'll be the norm. Plenty of cheap 4k TVs available now

needs HDR tho, I bought a cheap £500 argos 4k tv that wasn't good enough for ps4 pro, sold it & paid a bit more (£880) for hdr 4k films + ps4 pro , I've not regretted paying bit more for tv now. want a x but got 6 months to think about it.

needs HDR tho, I bought a cheap £500 argos 4k tv that wasn't good enough for ps4 pro, sold it & paid a bit more (£880) for hdr 4k films + ps4 pro , I've not regretted paying bit more for tv now. want a x but got 6 months to think about it.

What is HDR in terms of 4k?

What is HDR in terms of 4k?

show my tv off to friends and see there jaws drop .

Techmoan
1 year ago (edited)
A few people have missed the onscreen warning(s) and commented that the HDR side looks darker, so just to clarify. THE EFFECT OF HDR IS.....NOT...VISIBLE...ON...YOUTUBE You can only appreciate how HDR looks in person. On youtube it just looks darker - but in

THE EFFECT OF HDR IS.....NOT...VISIBLE...ON...YOUTUBE You can only appreciate how HDR looks in person. On youtube it just looks darker - but in the real world with your eyes (not a camera) - the light parts are lighter, the dark parts are darker - the colours have more shades - you can see more detail in areas with shadows. E.G. In the Revenant - in scenes in the woods with a campfire - the fire looks real and lights up that part of the screen brightly - but you can still make out all the details in the unlit parts of the screen with the trees in shades of gray and blue. On a standard blu-ray the whole scene has to be a lot lighter. You are watching a recording of a HDR video taken with a non HDR camera, encoded into a non-hdr video file, displayed in a non-hdr video player on a non-hdr screen.

you then got dolby atmos which the x will do , propa mine field mate of which to buy :D thats my next buy . money after more money, neverending

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-...hi-res-audio-which-do-you-really-need-1329188

Gears of War 4 and Crackdown 3 will be the first two games to support Dolby Atmos on the Xbox One platform, a Dolby representative has confirm

https://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv581/yama-rxv581-blk

TV £880
xbox x £450
ps4 pro £350
atmos with speakers £3-400
games £2-300

stupidity £0.00

Last edited:

show my tv off to friends and see there jaws drop .

Techmoan
1 year ago (edited)
A few people have missed the onscreen warning(s) and commented that the HDR side looks darker, so just to clarify. THE EFFECT OF HDR IS.....NOT...VISIBLE...ON...YOUTUBE You can only appreciate how HDR looks in person. On youtube it just looks darker - but in

THE EFFECT OF HDR IS.....NOT...VISIBLE...ON...YOUTUBE You can only appreciate how HDR looks in person. On youtube it just looks darker - but in the real world with your eyes (not a camera) - the light parts are lighter, the dark parts are darker - the colours have more shades - you can see more detail in areas with shadows. E.G. In the Revenant - in scenes in the woods with a campfire - the fire looks real and lights up that part of the screen brightly - but you can still make out all the details in the unlit parts of the screen with the trees in shades of gray and blue. On a standard blu-ray the whole scene has to be a lot lighter. You are watching a recording of a HDR video taken with a non HDR camera, encoded into a non-hdr video file, displayed in a non-hdr video player on a non-hdr screen.

you then got dolby atmos which the x will do , propa mine field mate of which to buy :D thats my next buy . money after more money, neverending

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-...hi-res-audio-which-do-you-really-need-1329188

Gears of War 4 and Crackdown 3 will be the first two games to support Dolby Atmos on the Xbox One platform, a Dolby representative has confirm

https://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv581/yama-rxv581-blk

TV £880
xbox x £450
ps4 pro £350
atmos with speakers £3-400
games £2-300

stupidity £0.00

My new Sony Bravia has this! I was panicking for a second there thinking I'd bought a dud

My new Sony Bravia has this! I was panicking for a second there thinking I'd bought a dud

hdr should pop up when playing ps4 pro hdr game, but when playing 4k hdr film's of usb hard drive it doesn't on mine but in info says hdr.

hdr should pop up when playing ps4 pro hdr game, but when playing 4k hdr film's of usb hard drive it doesn't on mine but in info says hdr.

Don't have a pro. Got the Xbox One S and regular PS4 but going to get the Xbox one X

I haven't actually plugged my new tele in yet :lol: so I'm still to experience 4k. Any tips whee I can find some 4k content? I might swap the tellies round this weekend

Don't have a pro. Got the Xbox One S and regular PS4 but going to get the Xbox one X

I haven't actually plugged my new tele in yet :lol: so I'm still to experience 4k. Any tips whee I can find some 4k content? I might swap the tellies round this weekend

sent some chat invites of where to get 4k stuff. mods don't like.

Tune in to Xbox at gamescom for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details.

Mark your calendars to view it live on 20 August at 20:00 (BST).

Be sure to tune in on twitch.tv/xbox or mixer.com/Xbox.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email as you have requested availability updates for the Xbox One X 1TB console.

Sincerely,

Amazon Video Games Team

Tune in to Xbox at gamescom for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details.

Mark your calendars to view it live on 20 August at 20:00 (BST).

Be sure to tune in on twitch.tv/xbox or mixer.com/Xbox.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email as you have requested availability updates for the Xbox One X 1TB console.

Sincerely,

Amazon Video Games Team
Why? It's not like they're going to sell out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back