Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonysafc

Winger
Is the new name for scorpio.

On sale in November for £449

Who'll be getting one?

Forza 7 and anthem look immense

Just looked over the specs, very impressive. Especially at the price.
GPU can shift as many pixels as a GTX 1080, but significantly worse in the compute/CUDA department. CPU is poor, about 1/3 as powerful as AMD's Ryzen CPUs. Those latter two won't make much difference for games unless you play something with huge amounts of physics.
If I could install regular Windows 10 on it I'd use it as a workstation instead of buying a PC for many cases.

Will the games be enhanced to a point they won't work on the XB1?
It will be interesting how they approach this... Make it like a PC game where you can adjust the settings? Have two versions of a game? Have one version and abandon one of the platforms?
With newer XBOX games being automatically working with a PC + Windows 10.. you'd assume they would have a PC settings thing, where you can pick a profile (XB1 or XB1X) ?
Just guessing though

Last edited:
Just looked over the specs, very impressive. Especially at the price.
GPU can shift as many pixels as a GTX 1080, but significantly worse in the compute/CUDA department. CPU is poor, about 1/3 as powerful as AMD's Ryzen CPUs. Those latter two won't make much difference for games unless you play something with huge amounts of physics.
If I could install regular Windows 10 on it I'd use it as a workstation instead of buying a PC for many cases.

It will be interesting how they approach this... Make it like a PC game where you can adjust the settings? Have two versions of a game? Have one version and abandon one of the platforms?
With newer XBOX games being automatically working with a PC + Windows 10.. you'd assume they would have a PC settings thing, where you can pick a profile (XB1 or XB1X) ?
Just guessing though
Very interesting. The reason I can't get away with the PSPro is because you can play the exact games games as on a normal PS4 but only with a slightly better fps or in 4K. Pointless.

I'd imagine this will be exactly the same, so as not to fracture the market.
It is. They've already said all the games will be availavble on the other versions of the Xbox. So I wonder if on forza for example the frame rate and res will be better but there will still be a cardboard cut out crowd.

It is. They've already said all the games will be availavble on the other versions of the Xbox. So I wonder if on forza for example the frame rate and res will be better but there will still be a cardboard cut out crowd.
Which makes the thing pointless in my opinion.

Bit weird imo. Just seems that it'll cause problems online at some point.

This worth getting? Seems expensive for slightly better graphics...

My TV is the LG 49UF640V 49 Inch 4K Ultra HD Freeview HD Smart TV. So as basic in terms of 4K as they come. Do you need a top of the range TV to make this even nearly worthwhile?

My TV is the LG 49UF640V 49 Inch 4K Ultra HD Freeview HD Smart TV. So as basic in terms of 4K as they come. Do you need a top of the range TV to make this even nearly worthwhile?
No. 4K is 4K

Reactions: UTW

4k is an exact thing. It won't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back