Wyke, McGeady, McNulty, Maguire

Wyke wasn't great last season but he's come on last night, put himself about and got a goal....surely he's put himself in contention for Saturday and fans should be wanting him to repeat what he did last night???!

By all means have a go if we're 6/7 games in and he hasn't hit the back of the net but Christ give the lad a chance of a fresh start this season... I'll be hoping he continues where he left off last night in the coming weeks.

Really don't know why, but i have a soft spot for Wyke and i feel we are a better side with him in the team.

100% would start him ahead of Grigg every day of the week.

Grigg and Wyke are like choosing between being kicked in the bollocks, or being hit in the bollocks with a cricket bat (other comparisons are available).

Did he fuck.

Ball lumped up to Wyke, nowhere near it, Pompey clear with ease.

All game long. Both games.

He was shite. For a supposedly big lad he is pathetic in the air and puts defenders under no pressure whatsoever (seeing as they're able to jog away from him while he huffs and puffs about.)

Absolute f***ing garbage he is. Should have been binned from those shameful play-off performances alone notwithstanding his pathetic performance overall last season.
Who do we play then? According to most on here it's the managers fault, yet people constantly say the players are shite too. The alternative is Grigg, or McNulty by himself. Portsmouth will play 2 in front of the back 4, so for me Wyke starts.

It’s bipolar this board mind, changes with the wind. We beat Accrington and suddenly that’s got to be the new formation. Don’t let last night paper over the cracks, the real test comes Saturday

In fairness, the formation works better than 5-3-2 and 3-1 away to Accrington is a better result than 1-1 at home to Oxford.

4-2-3-1 gets our best players on the pitch and that’s what we should be playing. Press high, full backs looking to support and play to win.

In fairness, the formation works better than 5-3-2 and 3-1 away to Accrington is a better result than 1-1 at home to Oxford.

4-2-3-1 gets our best players on the pitch and that’s what we should be playing. Press high, full backs looking to support and play to win.
You could be right, I just find it bewildering that the manager spent pre-season developing a wing back system then changes after 3 games

You could be right, I just find it bewildering that the manager spent pre-season developing a wing back system then changes after 3 games
Difficult as it may be to accept, but maybe he overlooked the fact that we don’t have any wing backs at the club, or the players he had in mind to do the job weren’t up to it.

Back