Would You Have Poyet Back?

Some of the worst football I've ever seen, and I watched Big Sam play long ball to Defoe playing as a lone striker (and somehow, it kinda worked too, which I've never managed to get my head around!)
Really? Thought we played canny football under Poyet, far better than the dross who followed him.
100% I’d have him back like.

He’d be a great coach in terms of adding value to players too imho, I know people aren’t fussed about that, but I’m mentioning it in terms of him being a good fit for our set up too.
Me too.
Doesn't really matter who our next manager is under the current regime. Klopp would make no difference

Last edited:

So basically as I thought.

Not sure what you are on about with Benitez. He was decent for us and gave us hope and a clear style of play - we hadn't seen that for a long time prior to him.

We would not be asking to him to come back though.

your fans wanted him back when the takeover went through and was linked with a return

Until our connection to him - I’d never heard of Will Still.
So basically as I thought.

Not sure what you are on about with Benitez. He was decent for us and gave us hope and a clear style of play - we hadn't seen that for a long time prior to him.

We would not be asking to him to come back though.
Mag in attempt to rewrite history shocker. Fans threatening to quit the club if and when he left but immediately wouldn’t want him back? Given the level of funds what an abject failure Eddie VIII has been. Might have some silverware with Rafa.

Last edited:
I don't get the fetishism so many of you have about Will Still.

What exactly has he ever done?

Is it just cos his reputation is not yet tarnished in England?

I just don't get where all the fuss about him comes from.
Also, he's not coming here.
Some of the worst football I've ever seen, and I watched Big Sam play long ball to Defoe playing as a lone striker (and somehow, it kinda worked too, which I've never managed to get my head around!)
They played for us decades apart, man! ;)

Last edited:
Gus is class imo but a no from me. Wouldn't fit and his time with us has been and gone.

We need to look to the future, not back.

For me it's either Will Still or back on the Gus Bus. I know nothing about Still either.
Lot of respect for gus. Really transformed the way we played. Some fantastic wins in the cup and vs the mags.

But when the wheels fell off at the end it was horrible to watch. Bit like that blackburn game the other day. Some of the worst performances I've seen. Villa and qpr at home spring to mind.

I don't get the fetishism so many of you have about Will Still.

What exactly has he ever done?

Is it just cos his reputation is not yet tarnished in England?

I just don't get where all the fuss about him comes from.

Well he’s not a despotic murderer so that’s in his favour

The 2014 EFL Cup campaign was the best time of my life as a supporter.

All the times I would park up behind the metro station bridge in Edgeworth Crescent and walk to the stadium and get myself some scran and see us beat someone like Plymouth or Southampton. Then we beat Chelsea in the quarter final then Man United in the first leg of the semi final.

I remember waiting in the queue for about 8 hours to get a ticket for the final when they went on sale.

The day itself was epic. The taxi driver was a speeding nutcase. He dropped me off opposite the stadium metro station and I walked the rest of the way. This was at about 6 pm. I got really excited when my coach pulled up and especially when the doors closed and it drove away. Seeing Wembley for the first time made me even more excited. I was about three rows from the top of the South stand but I didn’t care.

It was a brilliant day. We would not have gotten there had we not sacked PDC earlier and appointed Gus. We would likely have been knocked out.

But if we reappointed Gus it would ruin the memories I have of that day. He would not be the same.

Back