Would You Accept Sale Of Clarke, Ballard etc

Selling your best players doesn’t necessarily equate to a downturn in fortunes. We lost Gyokeres and Hamer last summer but fortunately on the whole the money reinvested has been spent wisely, even Simms is starting to come good.

Who's etc because without Clarke and Ballard that's our two best players gone. They'll both be sold regardless imo though this summer. But will the money be put into the team? And will it be players to get us promoted, or more youngsters to improve to sell on? If it's the latter then we really are mugs.
Neil, Bellingham, Ekwah, all been linked at some point with Premier teams.

Here we go again ffs the classic meaningless conjoined conjunction 🤦‍♀️

“Would you take this for that?”
“Would you take winning the league if you had to have an orangutan eating one testicle?”
“Would you eat a bowl of 🤢 to spend a night with Sophia Loren” etc

Load of old shite
.......and yet here you are.

Theres no difference between our model and any other championship team when the premier league come calling.

They leave. Simple as that.

Its how you replace them and use the money.

I agree, no point selling him unless it's worth it and he's pretty decent at this level. I just can't see anybody wanting to pay that much for him in the current climate, I might be wrong like, I often am.
Do you not think the teams getting promoted with their cash windfalls might be interested or lower Premier teams.

I would accept selling anyone, for the right price.
And caveated with some form of reinvestment to replace. No point selling Clarke for £100m if it goes into Dreyfus’ pocket and we never see any of it. By a similar token I don’t expect all 100% of it to be reinvested necessarily, and certainly not in the one position

Yeah, he's steady enough at Ch'ship level but has plenty of time on his side to develop with the right coach.
Agreed. He really needs a good defensive coach for a couple of years to take him to the next level.....the likes of big Sam or even Alex Neil would have brought him on loads.

Back