Would you accept no promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Toe

Midfield
When we were relegated last season then the new buyer came in they talked a lot of sense about people not taking the p1ss any more and us moving up.

I thought great, a chance to look to the future. Bring some young lads through, consolidate our place in League 1 and sign some young lads permanently. Using the lads we had left from the past as the experience to bring the younger ones on. Cattermole, Oviedo, Matthews, McGeady, etc.

Then I feel like we’ve missed a great opportunity to rebuild the right way. We’ve set off on a journey to chase promotion at the earliest opportunity at all costs. Grigg signed pretty much confirms this.

If you had a choice would you like a slow rebuild if we done it right, possibly not getting promotion this year. Maybe staying in this League 2/3 seasons. Or would you rather we made the current ilk of signings to get promotion this year?

I’d even hoped we’d be offered the chance to buy shares ourselves to gove the supporters a seat at the table, even 5/10 percent would have been nice.

No and I don’t think anyone should accept it.

I fully understand the mess that we were in and I appreciate the efforts from everyone to get the club moving in the right direction again. However, look at the squad that we have .... that team absolutely has to get promoted.

No and I don’t think anyone should accept it.

I fully understand the mess that we were in and I appreciate the efforts from everyone to get the club moving in the right direction again. However, look at the squad that we have .... that team absolutely has to get promoted.
Absolutely spot on

When we were relegated last season then the new buyer came in they talked a lot of sense about people not taking the p1ss any more and us moving up.

I thought great, a chance to look to the future. Bring some young lads through, consolidate our place in League 1 and sign some young lads permanently. Using the lads we had left from the past as the experience to bring the younger ones on. Cattermole, Oviedo, Matthews, McGeady, etc.

Then I feel like we’ve missed a great opportunity to rebuild the right way. We’ve set off on a journey to chase promotion at the earliest opportunity at all costs. Grigg signed pretty much confirms this.

If you had a choice would you like a slow rebuild if we done it right, possibly not getting promotion this year. Maybe staying in this League 2/3 seasons. Or would you rather we made the current ilk of signings to get promotion this year?

I’d even hoped we’d be offered the chance to buy shares ourselves to gove the supporters a seat at the table, even 5/10 percent would have been nice.
One of the worst posts on here for some time and that takes some doing.

Had we signed maja to a contract the way we are trying to get the academy lads on now, we wouldn’t have signed Grigg

We have to get out of this division ASAP or you will be stuck for years.

the exact same is going to happen to benji, he will leave at the earliest opportunity IMO.

I think the rebuild to date has been done well, we have an excellent squad without spending mental money and Grigg is simply a replacement for a striker we could end up with a similar fee for.......This squad will get promotion, if not this year then next although tonights tactical change suggests it will be this to me.

Accept third tier mediocrity? I’d sooner see us liquidated

We’ve happy clapped our way down to this level. Not gaining promotion with the budget given and the backing from the new owners would simply be unacceptable. Fans should not continue to accept shite and not going up with this squad would be just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back