Would any of the other 19 clubs have stuck with Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not even Burnley, they stuck with Dyche last time they went down but they were at least close to survival. We only have 21 f***ing points, its total shit.

Dyche got them up so when they went down after doing OK before fading he'd earned another crack.

The only other team I thought was a possibility Bournemouth but I don't know much about their money men?

It depends how those above him see the picture.
We as fans obviously don't want relegation, but, the past season has been one disaster after another.
You could blame Moyes for it all or you could blame him in part.
He can't be as bad as some would have you believe, surely.

Managers who are out of work?

Managers who are being poorly paid?

In short plenty of people.
Any better than Moyes?

We as fans obviously don't want relegation, but, the past season has been one disaster after another.

Any better than Moyes?

Wilko and Sbragria are better than Moyes. Steve Agnew and Bob Bradley have defeated him this season. He record is literally pitiful.

Marco Silva applied for the Hull job after Bruce resigned. Phelan got the gig but when they peddled him they interviewed 3 for the job, Silva, Rowett and an other?

Michael O'Neill is on a pittance at Northern Ireland. Doing a brilliant job with average players. Worth getting him over for a chat.

I cannot fathom why the club have stuck with him,the being unable to afford paying him off doesnt wash,it will cost a lot more in lost revenue,as for stability,next season when the team is plodding along midtable,another season spent in the lower division then yes its stable but its no good to the club,get shut of him now,give a new manager time to run the rule over the squad there and get transfers lined up,who that person would be I dont know but there will be plenty more than happy to take up the chance

Think the problem is he is signed on a lengthy contract with a huge payoff if he is sacked.

To be honest, I doubt he would have taken the job if he knew what was going on behind the scenes. He went from talking about top 10 to a relegation fight in the speaks of weeks.

I think both parties are bound together and neither can afford for it to all go pear shaped. Moyes needs to rebuild his reputation and Sunderland need to completely rebuild the team on a lower wage structure with young hungry players with sell-on value.

Wilko and Sbragria are better than Moyes. Steve Agnew and Bob Bradley have defeated him this season. He record is literally pitiful.

Marco Silva applied for the Hull job after Bruce resigned. Phelan got the gig but when they peddled him they interviewed 3 for the job, Silva, Rowett and an other?

Michael O'Neill is on a pittance at Northern Ireland. Doing a brilliant job with average players. Worth getting him over for a chat.
I think O'Neill will have lots of options when he leaves Northern Ireland. Lawrie Sanchez got the Fulham gig, and I reckon he could probably get the Watford/Burnley/Swansea/Hull jobs when they are free in the future.

Last edited:
No. The fact we have not only shows why we're doomed to fail but also shows a football club with a lack of leadership, organisation and one which simply doesn't give a shit about it's fans.

We have leadership though

We have Martin Bain, the problem is he has done an awful job and put all his eggs in the Moyes basket and he is too stubborn to admit he has made a huge mistake.

Think the problem is he is signed on a lengthy contract with a huge payoff if he is sacked.

To be honest, I doubt he would have taken the job if he knew what was going on behind the scenes. He went from talking about top 10 to a relegation fight in the speaks of weeks.

I think both parties are bound together and neither can afford for it to all go pear shaped. Moyes needs to rebuild his reputation and Sunderland need to completely rebuild the team on a lower wage structure with young hungry players with sell-on value.

I think O'Neill will have lots of options when he leaves Northern Ireland. Lawrie Sanchez got the Fulham gig, and I reckon he could probably get the Watford/Burnley/Swansea/Hull jobs when they are free in the future.

David Moyes would have failed wherever he went, he is f***ing finished, a complete arrogant dinosaur.

He is lucky he got offered a job like Sunderland, he doesn't deserve any premier league job.

We have Martin Bain, the problem is he has done an awful job and put all his eggs in the Moyes basket and he is too stubborn to admit he has made a huge mistake.

David Moyes would have failed wherever he went, he is f***ing finished, a complete arrogant dinosaur.

He is lucky he got offered a job like Sunderland, he doesn't deserve any premier league job.

He's not a leader, he's a soft arsed puppet yes-man for the failing Short regime.

Short owns the club, he's not a leader and he doesn't run it very well. There are probably other people hiding in highly paid boardroom positions at SAFC.

Any better than Moyes?

Yes. He is finished. On what basis is Moyes a good amanger, you are grasping at stuff that was a decade ago

He's not a leader, he's a soft arsed puppet yes-man for the failing Short regime.

Short owns the club, he's not a leader and he doesn't run it very well. There are probably other people hiding in highly paid boardroom positions at SAFC.

Bain has been given licence to run the club unfortunately

I always liked Short as even though he made mistakes, he wasn't afraid to make big decisions, the sackings of Poyet, Bruce etc were all spot on in timing.

So frustrating that after all that fight and big decisions we have just gone down with absolutely no fight.

I cannot fathom why the club have stuck with him,the being unable to afford paying him off doesnt wash,it will cost a lot more in lost revenue,as for stability,next season when the team is plodding along midtable,another season spent in the lower division then yes its stable but its no good to the club,get shut of him now,give a new manager time to run the rule over the squad there and get transfers lined up,who that person would be I dont know but there will be plenty more than happy to take up the chance

They wasted 9 mill on Oviedo and Gibson, its not to do with money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps - but there were plenty lining up to offer him a job before he came to Sunderland.

And Moyes was Short's pick, so it would take him to give him the bullet.

Perhaps - but there were plenty lining up to offer him a job before he came to Sunderland.

Were there? Why did he end up at Sunderland.

He knows he is in trouble as every interview he always says how well he has done in other jobs.

Were there? Why did he end up at Sunderland.

He knows he is in trouble as every interview he always says how well he has done in other jobs.
Sunderland are a top team - massive stadium, fanbase, etc. He seemed under the illusion he was going to get significant funding to improve the squad when he signed as well.

Sunderland are a top team - massive stadium, fanbase, etc. He seemed under the illusion he was going to get significant funding to improve the squad when he signed as well.

He got more than enough to get more than 21 points, the man is finished and nobody else would touch him with a barge pole.

The job he did at Man Utd was absolutely laughable

He got more than enough to get more than 21 points, the man is finished and nobody else would touch him with a barge pole.

The job he did at Man Utd was absolutely laughable
The squad is sub-standard and loaded with overpaid, under-performing players. Of course Moyes takes some of the blame, but it is up to the likes of Kone, Khazri and Borini to put in a shift for the mammoth wages they earn.

The few players that deserve any credit this season are Pickford, Oviedo (who always put in a good shift), Defoe (who has downed tools since not getting his move), Jones (who at least always gives his best), Cattermole (who would have made a huge difference if he had been fit for the season) and N'Dong, who has always looked full of effort even when he has been lacking in experience.

The squad is sub-standard and loaded with overpaid, under-performing players. Of course Moyes takes some of the blame, but it is up to the likes of Kone, Khazri and Borini to put in a shift for the mammoth wages they earn.

The few players that deserve any credit this season are Pickford, Oviedo (who always put in a good shift), Defoe (who has downed tools since not getting his move), Jones (who at least always gives his best), Cattermole (who would have made a huge difference if he had been fit for the season) and N'Dong, who has always looked full of effort even when he has been lacking in experience.

Khazri has started 2 games since October, you can't even mention him.

Its the managers fault, he sold the wrong ones, kept the wrong ones, couldn't motivate key players, and most importantly signed absolutely shite and wasted a fortune.

It is his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back