Worst tasting cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of the ones mentioned will be on my Christmas cheeseboard.

Last edited:
I have no idea what it tastes like but not sure I could bring myself to eat it. Did it smell good?

worst for me would be goat cheese.

Nothing to do with cheese but your avatar has just blown my mind(not difficult) it’s brilliant.

I can’t believe how many times I must have seen posts by you and not noticed it.

I really can't imagine what cheddar with lemon would taste like! Glad you enjoyed it though 😁
😊
It was the limoncello cheddar, and like the ginger cheese, the flavour of the cheese, wasn't overpowered by the ginger, or the limoncello.
I made an awesome macaroni cheese, last week, using, cheddar & black pepper cheese, Garlic cheese, smoked cheese, horseradish cheese, chilli cheese, and a couple of other cheeses.
This website is from the store, in Middlesbrough Hill Street, shopping arcade, and they have free samples of all cheeses they sell.
www.chucklingcheese.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
😊
It was the limoncello cheddar, and like the ginger cheese, the flavour of the cheese, wasn't overpowered by the ginger, or the limoncello.
I made an awesome macaroni cheese, last week, using, cheddar & black pepper cheese, Garlic cheese, smoked cheese, horseradish cheese, chilli cheese, and a couple of other cheeses.
This website is from the store, in Middlesbrough Hill Street, shopping arcade, and they have free samples of all cheeses they sell.
Not good for the old ticker that. But sounds lovely.

😊
Oh my word, this is my kind of place, thank you for the link!

Your macaroni cheese sounds amazing with all those flavours, particularly the horseradish cheese. 😋

Oh my word, this is my kind of place, thank you for the link!

Your macaroni cheese sounds amazing with all those flavours, particularly the horseradish cheese. 😋
You're very welcome CL
The horseradish gave the cheese a lovely earthiness, and a hint of heat, which wasn't overpowering at all.
Totally delicious. 👍
Not good for the old ticker that. But sounds lovely.
It was very good, thanks EDGE.
The cheeses are great for melting and making sauces.
Another artisan cheese website, with more variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be Gouda. Had the misfortune to buy some a few months back.

Tasted of nowt and had the consistency of plastic.

Went in the bin. And I very rarely throw food away.

:lol:

my guess is you bought the Gouda they sell in UK supermarkets?
Gouda do variations: young, young/medium, medium, mature, very mature, etc... they only export the young (jong) variation.... a bit like Edam that you never even see in Nl (made for export).

:lol:

my guess is you bought the Gouda they sell in UK supermarkets?
Gouda do variations: young, young/medium, medium, mature, very mature, etc... they only export the young (jong) variation.... a bit like Edam that you never even see in Nl (made for export).
Belgium so I was expecting better.

Belgium so I was expecting better.

fair enough although I hear it all depends on where in Belgium? - North bordering NL they usually (like in a Spar or at cheese shops) have a few choices/variations, but south bordering France then probably just the young (jong) Gouda like all the other countries they export to.

fair enough although I hear it all depends on where in Belgium? - North bordering NL they usually (like in a Spar or at cheese shops) have a few choices/variations, but south bordering France then probably just the young (jong) Gouda like all the other countries they export to.
Antwerp. So near border. Was looking forward to a big cheese sarnie. Will take a mature supply next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back