Worst tasting cheese.

Problem with most Brie sold in the UK is that it's pasteurised. Made with raw milk it's lush.
Same with Camembert and soft goats' milk cheese.

If you think mass produced Edam is bad, the Swiss have a rip off called Edamer which is both more expensive and even worse for being tasteless plastic.

Personally the worst tasting cheese for me are the vegetarian friendly ones (i.e. most UK supermarket cheese) as most of them quite literally physically make me want to puke as I seem to be allergic to the artificial rennet they use to make it.

Got to be Gouda. Had the misfortune to buy some a few months back.

Tasted of nowt and had the consistency of plastic.

Went in the bin. And I very rarely throw food away.

Love a bit of Gouda me. Used to buy the mature but it god too hard before i'd used it all up.

To answer the question, that imitation plastic rubbish you get on cheap Pizzas. Supposed to be Mozzarella, but most of it isn't.
I have no idea what it tastes like but not sure I could bring myself to eat it. Did it smell good?

worst for me would be goat cheese.

Cheese is one of those foods that i've disliked certain types for yonks then tried them and changed my mind. Goats cheese being a prime example. I can eat it now.
Mrs R loves all things goat. Goats, live ones. Curries, had one Sat. Yogurt. Can't quite get myself to eat Sheep's cheese very often though.

Last edited:
To answer the question, that imitation plastic rubbish you get on cheap Pizzas. Supposed to be Mozzarella, but most of it isn't.
Aye the cheap pizza boys use low grade emmental horrible stuff , cools down then comes off in one , taking your topping with it.Always avoid.
Can't quite get myself to eat Sheep's cheese very often though.
Try manchego, couldn't get by without a bit of Roquefort now and then.

Back