Worst Tactical Decision from a Sunderland Manager/Head Coach

Rodwell in general.

Brought in as the great hope to finally solve our attacking/box to box midfielder problem.

Soon to try and be repackaged as a hard tackling defensive midfielder.

To then get told actually he's a centre back and always has been, he just needs a chance to play where he did in his youth.

The whole time being none of the above.

Parkinson bringing De Bock on at 0-0 against Bolton was incredible
De Bock man....vomit material
Reidy when Quinn or Phillips out, choosing Dichio ahead of Bridges
I get Dichio for Quinn given the little and large thing but it used to infuriate me when he'd play Dichio and Quinn together with Bridges on the bench. He did it a few times in the 105 point season when Phillips was injured and Bridges was on fire. No the wonder he wouldn't sign a new contract and went to Leeds....we got 105 points though so what do I know?!

Last edited:
As hurst who was an awful manager dropping top scorer West from the league cup final at Wembley in 1985 . We had beaten Norwich the week before 3-1 with West suspended and he kept the same team with West not even the only sub. West was a big game player had scored two in the SF and we would have won if West had played. Instead he demanded a transfer and as a result when he left we were relegated that season.

Saw this on Twitter and thought about so many tactical errors from Sunderland managers.

Shout-out for Martin O'Neill at home to Norwich City, where he changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-4-1-1 then went back to a 4-4-2 against 10 men too.

Took Graham off for McClean to put Sess in the 10 then brought Wickham on 5 mins later for Johnson and put Sess back out wide. Madness.
Everything Wilkinson did

Back