World Triathlon in Sunderland.

Do you never leave Sunderland. Brexit gets mentioned an awful lot when I say I support Sunderland. It's not because the city is particularly more Brexity than elsewhere it's that stupid obsession with declaring first which led to Billy Caps Lock being on the front page of the papers

That photo will haunt the City for decades. In hindsight we should have just declared in the middle of the night like everyone else.

Red flags on Roker beach citing sewage.
Not surprised after all the rain this week.

terrible of the echo to tell everyone that it was actually norovirus and then the same day post an article about the red flags being up...even though it was heavy rains yesterday for most of the day. also, that scum in the photo looks exactly like the scum you get from seaweed/algae
Also, the photo on the article is of the storm sewage outlet.

Last edited:
Was down walk roker Sunday and noticed the sewage outlets (where the pod cafes are) , looked like they had been closed for a while , often use to see trails in the sand coming from them towards the sea, hopefully action was taken as disgrace if crap was being pumped out

Was down walk roker Sunday and noticed the sewage outlets (where the pod cafes are) , looked like they had been closed for a while , often use to see trails in the sand coming from them towards the sea, hopefully action was taken as disgrace if crap was being pumped out
I think they are just storm water drain outlets. Rather than sewage.

Or a meringue

they're the storm water sewage outlets

They're storm drains and the illness was ecoli from a hotel, not the sea.

Back