World Triathlon in Sunderland.

I noticed yesterday, the Australian who brought it up was one of two who didn't actually finish. No wonder his statement sounded a bit off 😄

Sun City Triathlon is this Sunday and we've had the water tested...

Hi Simon

I have just checked your sample results again and it is all a pass.
I’m currently out so will do your certificate first thing if that’s ok.

Kind regards
Sam

The bad water samples were caused by rainfall during the week.

Hi Simon

Kind regards
Sam

Yeah, there's quite a few saying that as well on various facebook pages but the people saying it's from raw sewage really piss me off. This is from a site about the waters in Canada but also states that.

Logon or register to see this image

There's another site that says:

• Stormwater makes its way into the nearest creek, river or storm sewer, picking up what is left behind, before discharging into the nearest waterway.
  • This includes what is on our roofs, roads, cars and sidewalks, such as:
    • grease and oil
    • bird and animal droppings
    • pet waste left on sidewalks
    • garbage
    • bacteria
    • other pollutants

If it rains heavy you avoid roker harbour for a swim as all the crap comes up from the river , and instead go swim at seaburn. That’s what I’ve been told a few times by lads who swim a lot more than me.
Advantage of roker and why fair few go is easier parking, more sheltered if windy, points that can swim out to if training, cafes …

Seaburn will be fine .

Hi Simon

Kind regards
Sam

Yeah, there's quite a few saying that as well on various facebook pages but the people saying it's from raw sewage really piss me off. This is from a site about the waters in Canada but also states that.

Logon or register to see this image

There's another site that says:

• Stormwater makes its way into the nearest creek, river or storm sewer, picking up what is left behind, before discharging into the nearest waterway.
  • This includes what is on our roofs, roads, cars and sidewalks, such as:
    • grease and oil
    • bird and animal droppings
    • pet waste left on sidewalks
    • garbage
    • bacteria
    • other pollutants

E. Coli is literally from shit, there is no other contributing factor other than sewage been dumped by Northumbrian water that could lead to it being there.

it was due to the heavy surface rain being washed into the river from the drains

Heavy rainfall means any combined sewer will be discharging higher volume into sewage treatment works. When the plant reaches capacity, the overflow is discharged into rivers and seas untreated. There's nothing else they can do without better infrastructure (i.e better plants, more storage, and more separated networks)

Heavy rainfall means any combined sewer will be discharging higher volume into sewage treatment works. When the plant reaches capacity, the overflow is discharged into rivers and seas untreated. There's nothing else they can do without better infrastructure (i.e better plants, more storage, and more separated networks)

I'm not on about combined sewers. It's the storm drains, theyre connected straight to the rivers to drain off excess water.

I'm not on about combined sewers. It's the storm drains, theyre connected straight to the rivers to drain off excess water.

Nowt wrong with that. If it's surface water running into storm drains and into the river it's not going to cause pollution to the river. Just higher levels of flow

Back