World T20 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right decision was made, so surely the "route" to that decision is not too important in this instance?

I do agree, I just think it is an interesting point that I am surprised nobody n the media hasn't mentioned

Happened in the NZ Oz match the other month too, I am almost certain that it was happened.

As you say, he wasn't out, so can't complain, but it is pretty unlucky for England, he was nearly off the field, we would have won easy.

I agree, this tournament has been fantastic, how anyone can not say that was proper cricket. 60,000 in the stadium, tens of millions watching around the world, that is as bigger pressure as you will ever get in a cricket field. Top level sport, I am just glad we are part of it, 20/20 is vitally important, and we need to make sure we are good at it.

We are.

I have a mate at sky, I say mate, just a former flatmate, but he says the ratings in the UK have been a lot better than what they were predicted to be

Shows you can get away with murder with a cheeky smile. Imagine if Cook had said that! The amount of stick he has taken from Warne!

I don't like Samuels at all, but anyone having a pop at Warne is fine by me
We need characters. If he is winding folk up, he's doing his job, tbh. Imagine how much the Aussies wanted to kill Swann after the " sprinkler dance"!. It goes round and round, no big deal.

We need characters. If he is winding folk up, he's doing his job, tbh. Imagine how much the Aussies wanted to kill Swann after the " sprinkler dance"!. It goes round and round, no big deal.

Yeah true, I like rivalries, not enough in cricket I agree, I like how Samuels and Stokes have a big rivalry, and its just accepted, class.

I still think he crossed the mark with his celebrations after like, Stokes did very well to restrain himself, not sure I could have!

By the way I can still agree with you and bloody hate Samuels remember!

Yeah true, I like rivalries, not enough in cricket I agree, I like how Samuels and Stokes have a big rivalry, and its just accepted, class.

I still think he crossed the mark with his celebrations after like, Stokes did very well to restrain himself, not sure I could have!

By the way I can still agree with you and bloody hate Samuels remember!
That's fair enough, mate!

The right decision was made, so surely the "route" to that decision is not too important in this instance?[/QUOTE

I couldn't disagree more. DRS is not allowed in the tournament. In other instances - no balls etc.the technology is used to ASSIST the umpire when he requests it. In this case the technology was used to REVIEW a decision he had already made. That I'm my opinion is clearly DRS. Also you cant be convinced the correct decision was made as the camera has been shown to be unreliable in instances of catches like this it always looks like the ball bounced.

@wicketkeeper

I agree with your point about the long lens angles generally, but it was pretty clear that the ball did not carry to Buttler yesterday. That wasn't one of those that looked "a bit dodgy" - it just bounced into the gloves.

Also, it wasn't technically a DRS review - the batsman didn't review it. The umpires have the right to ask the third umpire to check such things, which is obviously what happened here.

@wicketkeeper

I agree with your point about the long lens angles generally, but it was pretty clear that the ball did not carry to Buttler yesterday. That wasn't one of those that looked "a bit dodgy" - it just bounced into the gloves.

Also, it wasn't technically a DRS review - the batsman didn't review it. The umpires have the right to ask the third umpire to check such things, which is obviously what happened here.

I think there is a strict limit on what they can check for - no ball, catches, 4's and 6's, fielders in the ring etc. I don't think they can look at anything on a LBW or even if there is a snick or a touch on the bat.

I think there is a strict limit on what they can check for - no ball, catches, 4's and 6's, fielders in the ring etc. I don't think they can look at anything on a LBW or even if there is a snick or a touch on the bat.

They can check whether or not a ball carried/a catch was taken cleanly though.

Edit - sorry, just realised you'd said as much.

Last edited:
At below 35, average as anything.

He has also been banned twice for chucking it, and banned for 2 years for selling match details to a bookie.

Aye, nice one Sweeper.

He's talented but if England had a middle order batsman who had played as many tests as he had and was averaging 34, there would be bed wetting everywhere.

Ben Stokes will have a far better career than this muppet

He's talented but if England had a middle order batsman who had played as many tests as he had and was averaging 34, there would be bed wetting everywhere.

Ben Stokes will have a far better career than this muppet

Agree

See Braithwaites comments about stokes this morning? Pure class. All that needed to be said. Cricket has a funny way of getting you back Marlon

i,am a pedantic sod and seen braithwaite too much. its BRATHWAITE

one bad thing during the tournament was the failure of the on field umpires spotting no balls. this checking after dismissals is a cop out.

a free ball can be a match deciderb in close t20s and the authorities need to get this sorted. it applies in tests as well

What does DRS stand for? Was a decision made by the umpire reviewed and changed?
The umpire who gave him out did nothing wrong. Then someone decided to REVIEW that decision.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umpire_Decision_Review_System

Knock yourself out clearly says what it entails there. It wasn't DRS but carry on.
Dunno bout everyone else but completely changed my perception of Jordan. Took responsibility, deserves a lot of credit, tried his heart out.
Bowled plenty of shite yesterday. Mind field placings did not help him at all.

I do agree, I just think it is an interesting point that I am surprised nobody n the media hasn't mentioned

Happened in the NZ Oz match the other month too, I am almost certain that it was happened.

As you say, he wasn't out, so can't complain, but it is pretty unlucky for England, he was nearly off the field, we would have won easy.
People get given out from no balls and then they check the front foot. No different to that.

The bit people are missing is that he actually game him out, the umpire raised his finger, and he was walking off

When this has ever happened before, the umpire doesn't give him out, he walks to square leg, they talk, and then they go upstairs

It was 100% different to usual, so who gave him the call? Was it square leg or did he get a word in his ear from upstairs? That is the thing I want to know

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umpire_Decision_Review_System

Knock yourself out clearly says what it entails there. It wasn't DRS but carry on.

Bowled plenty of shite yesterday. Mind field placings did not help him at all.

People get given out from no balls and then they check the front foot. No different to that.

It is different like. They never give these catches out on the field, I can't remember one time when that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back