World T20 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well start the thread before some cretin dives in

Stars 8th March and top 8 in the world already in the super 10 stage

Winners of these groups will join them

Group A - Bangladesh, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman.

Group B - Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Scotland, Zimbabwe

Here are the super 10 groups

Super 10 (Group 1) - England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Group B winner
Super 10 (Group 2) - Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan,Group A winner

Who do we fancy to qualify?

I will go with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Is it next Thursday this starts? 3rd? Ireland play then, or is it a warm up?

Edit - think it's warm up. Bastard. Shit not having any cricket to watch :(.

Plunkett replaces Finn for England

Anyway, let's look at some of the contenders

Australia
Steven Smith, Ashton Agar, James Faulkner, John Hastings, Usman Khawaja, Glenn Maxwell, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa, Shane Watson, Peter Nevill, Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood, Aaron Finch, Nathan Coulter-Nile, David Warner,

Strong as always although I freely admit I know fuck all about Adam Zampa. If Warner, Finch and Watson click at the top of the order then they have stroke players to come in and dominate sides, Smith and Maxwell especially

Chunkys one to watch: James Faulkner

May as well start the thread before some cretin dives in

Stars 8th March and top 8 in the world already in the super 10 stage

Winners of these groups will join them

Group A - Bangladesh, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman.

Group B - Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Scotland, Zimbabwe

Here are the super 10 groups

Super 10 (Group 1) - England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Group B winner
Super 10 (Group 2) - Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan,Group A winner

Who do we fancy to qualify?

I will go with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Afghanistan might pip Zimbabwe mate

Normally I like to back against the favourites,however in this case simply can't see past India.

Awesome top 5 Rohit Sharma and Kohli have looked in awesome form lately.

As has Ashwin,India tick all the boxes great batsman,quality spinners on probably turning wickets.

T20 seems the priority format for them as well,they will be very difficult to beat.

Is it next Thursday this starts? 3rd? Ireland play then, or is it a warm up?

Edit - think it's warm up. Bastard. Shit not having any cricket to watch :(.

Asia 20/20 cup just started. India v Pakistan on this afternoon. I've put the link on the other thread. It's free too.

Normally I like to back against the favourites,however in this case simply can't see past India.

Awesome top 5 Rohit Sharma and Kohli have looked in awesome form lately.

As has Ashwin,India tick all the boxes great batsman,quality spinners on probably turning wickets.

T20 seems the priority format for them as well,they will be very difficult to beat.

Depends on what the pitches are like mate. If it's owt like the ones against saffers. Everyone is in trouble bar one or two team's.

Last edited:
Asia 20/20 cup just started. India v Pakistan on this afternoon. I've put the link on the other thread. It's free too.

Depends on what the pitches are like mate. If it's owt like the ones against saffers. Everyone is in trouble bar one or two team's.

Yeah fair point,but you would think they would prepare turning wickets,as not only have got good spinners,their batsman are more confident and component playing them too

Yeah fair point,but you would think they would prepare turning wickets,as not only have got good spinners,their batsman are more confident and component playing them too

Unfortunately that's the way I see it too mate. Might play into the other subcontinent teams too though. Pakistan and Sri Lanka will always have decent spinners. Banglas too.

Just hope Rash and Ali don't let us down.

Unfortunately that's the way I see it too mate. Might play into the other subcontinent teams too though. Pakistan and Sri Lanka will always have decent spinners. Banglas too.

Just hope Rash and Ali don't let us down.

Hope I am wrong because we seem to be really playing a lot better T20 cricket,but think our batsman might struggle against the top quality spinners.

Also other subcontinent batting teams no where near the quality of India,then again as we know in T20 one off games anything can happen.

Hope I am wrong because we seem to be really playing a lot better T20 cricket,but think our batsman might struggle against the top quality spinners.

I'm worried too mate. Good thing about 20/20 is that you only need one or two to fire in a game though and we bat deep. Could be the making of a few players.

Still looking forward to it mind. My dad is hooked on 20/20 these days. He says it's like crack cocaine. Watches all the games. Wants me to stream the pak India game for him too while we're watching the match later. That'll be interesting. Lol

I'm worried too mate. Good thing about 20/20 is that you only need one or two to fire in a game though and we bat deep. Could be the making of a few players.

Still looking forward to it mind. My dad is hooked on 20/20 these days. He says it's like crack cocaine. Watches all the games. Wants me to stream the pak India game for him too while we're watching the match later. That'll be interesting. Lol

Yep I love the T20 too,regularly watch the IPL,looking forward to the World Cup very much,never get this negative angle people come from with hit and giggle not proper cricket nonsense.

Of course test cricket should always be number one,but there is room for T20 in the calendar and the games are great to watch as the larger crowds testify.

Yep I love the T20 too,regularly watch the IPL,looking forward to the World Cup very much,never get this negative angle people come from with hit and giggle not proper cricket nonsense.

Of course test cricket should always be number one,but there is room for T20 in the calendar and the games are great to watch as the larger crowds testify.
80k+ in big bash.

Plunkett replaces Finn for England

Anyway, let's look at some of the contenders

Australia
Steven Smith, Ashton Agar, James Faulkner, John Hastings, Usman Khawaja, Glenn Maxwell, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa, Shane Watson, Peter Nevill, Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood, Aaron Finch, Nathan Coulter-Nile, David Warner,

Strong as always although I freely admit I know fuck all about Adam Zampa. If Warner, Finch and Watson click at the top of the order then they have stroke players to come in and dominate sides, Smith and Maxwell especially

Chunkys one to watch: James Faulkner

Not sure about Australia, there form has been absolutely shocking, like us, they struggle against spin in middle overs.

Jordan is very average. Bowling looks short and can't see who's going to tie up a few overs without going for runs.

India do look good value at 2/1 to clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back