World Cup 2018, Who will win ? And Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany as they seem to have the strongest squad and it's in Europe. Hasn't only Brazil ever won it in Europe out of the South Americans?

If not, France look very strong.

Germany or Brazil, mainly because one of them nearly always wins it. They are both streets ahead of anyone else.

Messi once more to disappoint and show why he isnt fit to lace Maradona's boots.

I'm going to go with France, I think Germany have the strongest squad but the loss of their huge personalities from the last tournament will be a bit too much for them to recover from, losing Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Mertersaker, Klose and Grosskreuz will be a massive hit. They were all big big men incredibly mentally strong and enough to drag a squad to the title, even though their replacements are incredibly talented they just don't match up imo, Mueller Neuer and Hummels have what they need but they lack it in the Centre of the pitch and up front. Germanys chances rest totally on how well Goretzka adapts for me. Brazil are too weak and their defence is terrible, they will be taken apart by the first big European side they come up against and the likes of other key players such as Jesus and Ferminho I don't see having the mental strength to win a World Cup. Argentina are a one man team and I don't feel Messi has the personality to drag a side to the World Cup single handedly. That said it is closer than ever this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a second tier side like Portugal, Croatia, or Columbia shock people with a bit of momentum. England will have their best tournament in a long time and get through the first knockout round and look convincing in the group. I'm really looking forward to it.

To win a World Cup you have to have the side with the most mental strength, and be in the top 6 for talent.

Last edited:
France have the best squad on paper imo. Pogba tends to play well for them as well. Looks a different player when in blue instead of red!

Belgium have a decent side on paper but don’t think they’ve got a chance really. Maybe worth an each way bet.

Surprised to see so many saying Germany. Don't think they've got the best defence, especially at full backs. Neuer has missed the season and going forward the likes of Muller and Ozil haven't had good years. Got Sane yes but then Werner and Wagner leave a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back