Workers rights for Menopausal women

Free TRT for blokes to get absolutely JACKED in their 40s and 50s?
Nice idea, I'd prefer some good quality pills if we are medicating though. I'd still look like shit but wouldn't give a fuck
I think it's ridiculous and does more harm than good. Women already get discriminated against for being of childbearing age. I know it shouldn't happen but we all know it does. Now once they are past that, women are portrayed to be fragile, weak creatures who need special help to cope with a natural part of aging.

It's a variable condition in length and severity and no two women are the same. Some sail through it without barely realising it's happened. At the other end of the scale, women get extreme symptoms and really struggle with it.

Got no problem with raising awareness of the condition. In the past it's been known as "the change" as even saying menopause was a dirty word. It's something that older women hushed up and talked in whispers about. There's been a lot of stuff explaining things like brain fog etc., which were not as well known as hot flushes. With raising awareness, if a woman is struggling, hopefully other colleagues will understand her challenges better and be able to support the women who need it. It should be managed as any other health condition though and it definitely shouldn't be classed as a disability.
I know what you mean and I agree, people who work for good employers likely don't need the legislation. The reason for it will no doubt be for those employers who give their workers nothing unless forced to

Last edited:
Nice idea, I'd prefer some good quality pills if we are medicating though. I'd still look like shit but wouldn't give a fuck

I know what you mean and I agree, people who work for good employers likely don't need the legislation. The reason for it will no doubt be for those employers who give their workers nothing unless forced to
Days off for erectile dysfunction and free medication, plus time off to recover from side effects.

As a small business owner I’m unsure if it’ll be worth employing women soon.

When they’re young and perky they are sometimes quite proficient, but take time off for periods, relationship issues, random ‘duvet days’ etc.

They get to a certain age and I have to pay them to have kids, then they’re off work for months. Rinse and repeat until they can’t squirt out any more brats.

Then when all that’s over they have more problems because they’re barren???
That should do it ...🎣

I think it's ridiculous and does more harm than good. Women already get discriminated against for being of childbearing age. I know it shouldn't happen but we all know it does. Now once they are past that, women are portrayed to be fragile, weak creatures who need special help to cope with a natural part of aging.

It's a variable condition in length and severity and no two women are the same. Some sail through it without barely realising it's happened. At the other end of the scale, women get extreme symptoms and really struggle with it.

Got no problem with raising awareness of the condition. In the past it's been known as "the change" as even saying menopause was a dirty word. It's something that older women hushed up and talked in whispers about. There's been a lot of stuff explaining things like brain fog etc., which were not as well known as hot flushes. With raising awareness, if a woman is struggling, hopefully other colleagues will understand her challenges better and be able to support the women who need it. It should be managed as any other health condition though and it definitely shouldn't be classed as a disability.

I think chronic illness would be more appropriate bracket for menopause to fall into rather than disability.

But for employment purposes I think it's best that disability covers as much as reasonably possible because one thing is for certain, it prevents a lot of people being shafted by their employers. Nobody wants their brand/company to be thought of as one that discriminates against the disabled, so it keeps HR departments on their toes.

Seems logical. We already have policies in place that allow time off if women are having time of the months issues.
I am a man and have gone through the same. Mid life crisis as they call it exactly the same as the menopause... Why can't I get this as a man??

Imagine getting a week off work when Sunderland throw a manager overboard. To get to grips with the emotional mayhem.

Nissan would go bust

Back