Work 'til you drop kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck that shit. I'm retiring at 60 whether I can afford it myself or not. I will go on benefits and leech from the system if I have to.

I'm not working my balls off and paying my taxes all my life to not get to enjoy a half decent retirement while I'm still able to.

£80pm would be the difference between eating or not? Are you really that skint?
Lads on minimum wage are unlikely to get state handouts are they? He won't have a lot of spare money. I doubt he has to pay £20 a week though for a pension, he could probably opt to pay less.

Fuck that shit. I'm retiring at 60 whether I can afford it myself or not. I will go on benefits and leech from the system if I have to.

I'm not working my balls off and paying my taxes all my life to not get to enjoy a half decent retirement while I'm still able to.
Exactly.

"Retire when I'm 55" the amount of times I've heard lads say this over the years is staggering.Dont think anyone of them had any significant plan /drive to do so .

I'd guess if I could (which I think I could at that age ) then I wouldn't as long as I'm fit etc .
That's my plan and I do have a plan in place, it involves being made redundant over the next two years and that's likely, so it's looking like about 90% chance that at 55 I'll be sitting in wetherspoons with the piss heads.

Hope to be mortgage free and an income off £22,000 a year if it works out right, not sure if that will be enough to live on in 15 years though?

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

An analysis for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has suggested that workers under the age of 30 may not get a pension until the age of 70.

A second report, by John Cridland, proposes that those under the age of 45 may have to work a year longer, to 68.

Us "oldies" are pulling the drawbridge up behind us. Soz.
A couple of years ago I heard a stat which said that 50% of the kids born in the UK would live to 100 - surely the pension age has to go up with the average death age. Kids these days will grow up realising they have to make a few sacrifices to retire.

It was tapered. I don't know the exact years but if you were born around 1951 ( women) you got to retire at 60. If you were born in 1956 you got to retire at 65. Born between these two years and you got a tapered retirement somewhere between age 60 and 65. Born after 1956 retirement age then got changed from age 65 to age 66 ( men too i guess). I think if you were born after 1960 your retirement age will be age 67 now.

It was slightly earlier for the birth years but I'm not sure which ones. My Mam was born in 1950 and had to work until she was 62 for state pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back