Work Email Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

I usually put hi on every reply and people I'm emailing do too.

The hardest part is trying to remember not to put kisses on work emails :oops:

Depends on your companies brand. I've worked on correspondence projects for large companies and they have insisted that emails always be correctly saluted and valedicted. Some were formal with Dear Surname and others like Virgin less so opting for Hi First Name.

But then if you're a smaller company then you judge your customer and your relationship with them. Err on the side of caution.

Even if it's a 'formal' email Hi is fine. It's an email not a letter.

I always start an email with hi unless the recipient drops it in their reply and I do the same.

its a customer.. drop the hi.

be formal or go for the the..

John,

can you please bah blah blah..

regards

or open the first one with good morning / afternoon etc

I don't like it when people just start an e-mail with your name. It seems a bit blunt

Aye I see that. Hi if you are already a climber then. Unless there are multiple receipients in which case I usually go for “Chaps, ....”
Logon or register to see this image

Even if it's a 'formal' email Hi is fine. It's an email not a letter.

I always start an email with hi unless the recipient drops it in their reply and I do the same.

I remember them sending everyone on an etiquette course at work, discouraging the use of "Hi". Apparently some customer took offence. Apparently Dear, Good Morning, or Good Afternoon are more appropriate.

I remember them sending everyone on an etiquette course at work, discouraging the use of "Hi". Apparently some customer took offence. Apparently Dear, Good Morning, or Good Afternoon are more appropriate.
Some right miserable fuckers out there like.

depends on the relationship with the customers.
"Ow buggalugs" might be ok with some where as "good morning " might be essential with others.
Chose your audience and learn from Ron Atkinson.

I know, it's mental, but when you're dealing with customers, they're always right, or so I'm told anyway.
Aye customer is always right. I've got no time for people who go on like that. Obviously I'd have to be polite to them at work, but why be so anal?

I would never use 'Hi'

If your talking for the first time it should start with 'Hello' and after that it should start with their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back