Status
Not open for further replies.

its a customer.. drop the hi.

be formal or go for the the..

John,

can you please bah blah blah..

regards

or open the first one with good morning / afternoon etc
Pretty much what I do. Unless it's a telling off/replying to a telling off. I keep that sort of stuff as formal as possible

Sign-offs are a much bigger can of worms to open.
:lol: When I first started in an office job I had my signature set like

My Name
Title
Address
Address
Postcode
Phone number

Ha'way the lads

Within the first week I was told (by a mag) my signature needed to look more professional :lol:
It stayed there until I left the job

Last edited:
I never say 'hi ' as they would know it's false as fuck coming from me ,this is me ;

Hello Bob,

Please find invoice attached as per valuation no 19.

Thanks,

Adam .

As they know I talk like Bobby Thompson in real life .

"Yo," always sets a cheery note, especially to a chief exec or a head of a government organisation whom you've never met before.

But try and not do as a friend did and inadvertently sign off an email to senior management:

Kind Retards,

99.9% of my emails are internal with colleagues I see every day. I generally use "Hi *first name*" and sign off with "thanks" for senior management or "cheers" with colleagues I work with more closely. I see both management & "other" colleagues every day so informal use of "hi" is acceptable in both cases.

What about signing off?

I use best wishes as it sounds professional but friendly.

What about signing off?

I use best wishes as it sounds professional but friendly.

Again depends on how they sign off if I know them.Best wishes is good, if it's not so professional then Cheers or Thanks work. I hate Kind Regards or Best Regards (Best anything to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back