Work and what you write on social media

Scotty 1978

Striker
A bloke started with us just before Christmas, a wife (nosey kernt) out of the office yesterday had a look through his Facebook page, pretty harmless loads of anti Sunderland pro mag stuff, like “back shift at Nissan, 5under1and etc shite like that” but further back it becomes racist, loads of anti BLM matter stuff and a status about him going to shop at Morrisons because it only had white people on their Christmas advert, also loads of anti vax nonsense and Covid was a massive fake story, proper tin foil hat stuff, should this effect the blokes job or does it not matter ? Too be fair if I was in recruitment I’d be having a spy on social media.

A bloke started with us just before Christmas, a wife (nosey kernt) out of the office yesterday had a look through his Facebook page, pretty harmless loads of anti Sunderland pro mag stuff, like “back shift at Nissan, 5under1and etc shite like that” but further back it becomes racist, loads of anti BLM matter stuff and a status about him going to shop at Morrisons because it only had white people on their Christmas advert, also loads of anti vax nonsense and Covid was a massive fake story, proper tin foil hat stuff, should this effect the blokes job or does it not matter ? Too be fair if I was in recruitment I’d be having a spy on social media.
Good for him for being anti blm, they are a racist organisation, followed by rioters and also far left scum

Edit, the geordie bastard
Anybody with a bit of self esteem wouldn't use Facebook or social media unless it was just to interact with family etc! Not worth the risk - just incase HR or your boss is snooping!
Posted from social media...

Last edited:
I think he's in there now mate. There's a thread about his aversion to paying for his stuff.

If you apply for a job then don't be surprised if one of the first things they do in screening is check you out on social media. Better to know in advance rather than have something surface later.

I would say that it should be down to the hiring company to do due diligence on anyone they employ, if they look like a wrongun, sift them out, if they are applying for Nissan and the likes it might not matter what they have posted previously if they are going to be on the line. If they are applying for Head of HR, it may be a problem :)

Postings made after they have been employed however always come in useful when you want to get rid of somebody, then the disrepute thing is an option.

If I was looking for a decent job currently, I would probably suspend all of my social media accounts.

Back