Wood Burning Stove Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes.

They are decent. Got mine in Aldi a few weeks ago. Angle it towards the window as that’s obviously where most gear is lost.

It’s even warmer in the house now.

Too bloody warm

Yes, as you'd expect it pushes the heat out in to the room and it is effective. It's a bit strange though, as I watch and wait for it to start spinning and it's almost therapeutic.

Is it ok stood right on the top of the stove ?

I kind of got the impression there’s a limit to how much heat it can tolerate.

How much are the ones in Aldi ?

Yes, if you get a good one it has a cut out which operates when the stove gets too hot to save the motor from burning out. The hotter the stove the faster it seems to turn. Ours rattles at times when the stove gets a bit too hot

How much are the ones in Aldi ?
You have to put it towards the back of the stove on top of the stove.

It’s designed to work with high heat

Yes, if you get a good one it has a cut out which operates when the stove gets too hot to save the motor from burning out. The hotter the stove the faster it seems to turn. Ours rattles at times when the stove gets a bit too hot
There's no motor like. Works on convection

That looks very similar to mine but I paid a lot more than that so it might be a good buy.
As mentioned previously checkn it has a cut out switch underneath. Basically when it gets too hot it lifts the fan a touch so it doesn't spin too fast and knack up. They are easily broke like that.

Not seen one of these before. I'd appreciate some advice oh wise ones of the SMB...
I have this log burner which also runs about 6 rads and 2 towel rails. It isn't a particularly succesful installation as I suspect the thermal load demanded exceeds the capacity of the chamber to generate .
Am I right in thinking that basically the component is a fan that sits on top of the stove and propels (heat rises) the column of warm air above the log burner into the surrounding area?

Not seen one of these before. I'd appreciate some advice oh wise ones of the SMB...
I have this log burner which also runs about 6 rads and 2 towel rails. It isn't a particularly succesful installation as I suspect the thermal load demanded exceeds the capacity of the chamber to generate .
Am I right in thinking that basically the component is a fan that sits on top of the stove and propels (heat rises) the column of warm air above the log burner into the surrounding area?

Basically yes. I burn my free wood and my fan helps push the heat out and is powered by burning my free wood.
I never thought I'd turn into a boring middle aged gadgie who gets satisfaction from that :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back