Won't buy players in their prime.

I can’t believe that you genuinely believe Johnson Clarke-Harris and Yates are the answer. This is typical of someone that’s never watched them play or done any research but has read an article linking them to us and just lazily gone with it. Embarrassing thread.

They are better than having no one if the kid gets injured.

We dont need him to play in the premier league. We just need him to get us there.
If we had had this regime under Keane we would never have went up.
They would not have sanctioned Kavanagh, or Connoly or all the other players Keane bought to just get us out. As for Dwight Yorke - no chance
We were the richest club in the league at that point with the biggest budget. Not even in the top 15 for wage bill this season, think you need to show a greater understanding of where the club is right now.

I can’t believe that you genuinely believe Johnson Clarke-Harris and Yates are the answer. This is typical of someone that’s never watched them play or done any research but has read an article linking them to us and just lazily gone with it. Embarrassing thread.

I don't believe they are the answer . I recognise they are not in Stewarts class but they are solid players who provide a decent alternative than having no one if the kid gets injured.

They are better than having no one if the kid gets injured.
I’d honestly rather play Clarke up there. Given Clarke-Harris averages 1 in 5 at this level, I’ll back Clarke to play 15 games and score 3 goals if required. Which is what the data says. Even if we’re generous and give him his 12 in 41 last year, 1 in 3.5 games, then that’s 4 goals. I’ll still back someone else already here to get that and save £5m and a long contract with no sell on tbh.

I’d honestly rather play Clarke up there. Given Clarke-Harris averages 1 in 5 at this level, I’ll back Clarke to play 15 games and score 3 goals if required. Which is what the data says. Even if we’re generous and give him his 12 in 41 last year, 1 in 3.5 games, then that’s 4 goals. I’ll still back someone else already here to get that and save £5m and a long contract with no sell on tbh.

We create far more chances than any team he has played for before
We were the richest club in the league at that point with the biggest budget. Not even in the top 15 for wage bill this season, think you need to show a greater understanding of where the club is right now.

13th richest owners in the country.
Stoke the only championship club ahead of us.
.https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/where-safc-will-rank-among-englands-richest-clubs-when-takeover-is-completed-3139538

Last edited:

.https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/where-safc-will-rank-among-englands-richest-clubs-when-takeover-is-completed-3139538
Possibly valid. Or he had Peterborough’s system tailored to him and still managed a paltry return. I think £5m you’re having a laugh.

That's not always how football ownership works.

You said we had rich owners under Keane.
We have rich owners now.
Under Keqne they were prepared to gamble for instant results.
And that gambling can be traced back to why we ended up in a mess. What was the club’s transfer policy back then? Manager wants a certain player. Pay massively over the odds for him. Give him a massive over the top contract with zero sell on value. We flew by the seat of our pants the whole time, rolling the dice time and time again and that’s why we ended up where we did.

Basically you’re suggesting do what we did with Grigg again. Served us well last time

Whats with the Grigg obsession.
What about Khasri, Kone and Kercho
No I said the club was richer, but you know that these owners aren't going to do that, that's not the business plan.
When keane was manager the plan was to throw money at it.
Yep and were promoted straight away . Could you honestly see Keane say we will settle for mid table consolidation in the championship
No I said the club was richer, but you know that these owners aren't going to do that, that's not the business plan.
When keane was manager the plan was to throw money at it.
And it worked
And that gambling can be traced back to why we ended up in a mess. What was the club’s transfer policy back then? Manager wants a certain player. Pay massively over the odds for him. Give him a massive over the top contract with zero sell on value. We flew by the seat of our pants the whole time, rolling the dice time and time again and that’s why we ended up where we did.
Longest consecutive period in the premier league

Last edited:

Back