Women Just Aren't As Funny As Lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that women aren't funny.

Name me a funny female comedian, not actress, comedian (and you can't have Sarah Millican, she's got one act and she's done it now)

Now name me funny male comedian, we'll be here a while.

So it stands to reason that comedy writers will be, in the main, male teams with the odd women.

Tina Fey.

Why is equal pay for certain professions 'a stink'?

Why should women be paid the same as men? Same as tennis, its based on your own personal ability. I'm not saying all professions.. But such as professional sports it's based on ability. Its not sexist to say the men are better than the women at football. It's common knowledge.

Why should women be paid the same as men? Same as tennis, its based on your own personal ability. I'm not saying all professions.. But such as professional sports it's based on ability. Its not sexist to say the men are better than the women at football. It's common knowledge.

You said 'the stink of equal pay'. If you didn't mean all professions, why not say?

You got a list of professions either way?

You said 'the stink of equal pay'. If you didn't mean all professions, why not say?

You got a list of professions either way?

I'd never mean all professions, as that would be sexist. And I'm not that.

I don't have a list on me no.

I'd never mean all professions, as that would be sexist. And I'm not that.

I don't have a list on me no.

Weird that you wouldn't put this caveat in your opening statement if that was the case. Seems you're backpedaling tbh.

It's not unfair to say that women representing the country should receive the same renumeration as men (which is quite modest) from the FA. BTW, I have no idea whether they do or don't.

It would be daft to say that top tier female footballers should receive the same as a top tier male footballer at a club level though, that's market led and there isn't nearly as much money in female football.

Weird that you wouldn't put this caveat in your opening statement if that was the case. Seems you're backpedaling tbh.

I'm not back pedaling at all. I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my point and hope it offends nobody. If i meant all professions I'd be kicking up a stink at my own place of work demanding more pay than women.

I'm not back pedaling at all. I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my point and hope it offends nobody. If i meant all professions I'd be kicking up a stink at my own place of work demanding more pay than women.

Fair enough. For the record, I don't think women footballers should be paid the same as men at club level as women's football doesn't generate anywhere near the same amount of revenue as men's football.

Tennis is a different discussion though as even though women tennis players don't play the five sets that men do at Grand Slams they still perform at the same tournaments which collates into the revenue pool therefore I personally don't have a problem with it. This is mostly as you could make an argument that because the real elite men normally win in three sets all of the way to the semi-final in most cases they should have their pay cut too.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, access to health services.
Well that's not equality of outcome and that's not merit based either.

That's equality of the opportunity to access health based services.

Most people agree you should have the equal opportunity to access health based services.

Equality of outcome refers to no matter your merit you are rewarded the same as other people.... Which is insane. Just like this decision by ITV.

Last edited:
But they don't. Health inequalities across England are massive.

Equality of outcome is a perfectly reasonable aim in this circumstance.
Sorry, you're misunderstanding the rhetoric on this.

You're thinking of equality of opportunity. That would mean we all have the opportunity to access the same healthcare.

Not that merit matters in this situation anyway.

I agree with equality of opportunity, I think all women should have the opportunity to apply for the same job, apply for the same courses as men, are treat equally in their candidature. But that's not equality of outcome.

Equality of outcome means no matter what you did you are awarded the same as the person next to you.

So back to my original point, when merit is an important factor when is equality of outcome ever not insane?

The problem is that women aren't funny.

Name me a funny female comedian, not actress, comedian (and you can't have Sarah Millican, she's got one act and she's done it now)

Now name me funny male comedian, we'll be here a while.

So it stands to reason that comedy writers will be, in the main, male teams with the odd women.
Victoria Woods
Jo Brand
Edna Everidge anar
Joan Rivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back