Women & Girls cricket

If it's centrally funded I'm all for it.
But where will they play? What happened to this adjacent ground for Junior teams?
in the bid it said they would based at the riverside, doubt it would be at the nursery ground as its just a field with no facilities close to it, Durham even announced some of the Junior pathway games would be played at the riverside this year, so cant see it being a problem,

Any clash and id imagine they play at South North

Last edited:

even better, to be honest, i thought our only chance was that they picked yorkshire and us, Nice to get one over on them and especially him
although i do wonder how many counties were just paying lip service in saying they wanted one, but maybe equally relived they haven't to save some Cash

The concern is that us getting a women’s team in this guise will have a detrimental effect on the men’s team. That isn’t a trade off I’m happy to accept.

Just like how FTECB champion the 16.4 because it’s growing the women’s game, whilst slowly killing a number of the counties.

It cannot be one or the other.

Theres clearly some money coming from somewhere to fund this, youd hope that this isnt taking away anything from the mens pot,

watched the recent Lancs Thunder doc on youtube and hilton apparently put a lot of money into their womens team, so maybe its sponsorship, theres also a pot of money from the ECB to fund this at a loss apparently for the first couple of year, in the hope to build it and sell it commercially, probably the hope of a decent TV deal in the future

theres also a pot of money from the ECB to fund this at a loss apparently for the first couple of year, in the hope to build it and sell it commercially, probably the hope of a decent TV deal in the future

Sounds awfully familiar to another completely ludicrous idea that FTECB have come up with recently.

Theres clearly some money coming from somewhere to fund this, youd hope that this isnt taking away anything from the mens pot,

watched the recent Lancs Thunder doc on youtube and hilton apparently put a lot of money into their womens team, so maybe its sponsorship, theres also a pot of money from the ECB to fund this at a loss apparently for the first couple of year, in the hope to build it and sell it commercially, probably the hope of a decent TV deal in the future
Hope the money isn’t coming from the mags and safc (Saudi Arabia fc)

Brilliant news for the region - Even better that we got one over Yorkshire and that tit Graves.

Next on the list would be a Hundred team - regardless of wether the purists want it or not - its the future and theres money to be made from having it at the riverside.

Brilliant news for the region - Even better that we got one over Yorkshire and that tit Graves.

Next on the list would be a Hundred team - regardless of wether the purists want it or not - its the future and theres money to be made from having it at the riverside.
seems inevitable now, 10 teams, i see they are exapanding the womens teams eventually to 12, also wouldnt surprise we if the hundred eventually followed that too

seems inevitable now, 10 teams, i see they are exapanding the womens teams eventually to 12, also wouldnt surprise we if the hundred eventually followed that too
Think the idea is that the hundred goes to 10 teams so 2 extra and with Durham taking the womens team its logical to expect the hundred would follow. If Durham are to stay at the top table its imperative a hundred team is part of the setup. wether we like it or not thats where the money will be going forward.

I’m very sceptical. Is it really brilliant news?

As I say, if it takes money out of the men’s game, away from everything that is best (and has been for years) about our county it’s a massive problem. I’m not laughing at Graves’ expense yet, he’s still got his 16.4 franchise and all the ECB bribes that come with that, whilst we’ve got the crumbs of a game that is still very much a minority sport in this country.

Fuck them.

Last edited:
Think the idea is that the hundred goes to 10 teams so 2 extra and with Durham taking the womens team its logical to expect the hundred would follow. If Durham are to stay at the top table its imperative a hundred team is part of the setup. wether we like it or not thats where the money will be going forward.
Yes and as 10/12 becomes the accepted logical number for the professional women’s game in both red and white ball and the “top tier” white ball men’s franchise league what starts to look more and more like an outlier? Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes as they would no doubt say at Lord’s. I suppose at least it suggests we’re not on the ECBs wish list for culling. Wouldn’t say its such great news if I was a Worcestershire or Leicestershire fan.

Last edited:

Back