Women & Girls cricket

great to see, interesting comments from North at the end, seems Very confident of getting a Tier 1 team in the regional shake up next year, cant help but feel he might be setting himself up for a fall, only reason is, i cant see the ECB having a regional team in Durham and Yorkshire, and i cant see them not giving Yorkshire a team despite their financial problems
Good for them, seems they are all in on Tier 1 team

Last edited:
As someone has already said, I'd be very surprised if the ECB will entertain Yorkshire, Durham and potentially Lancashire (they've always had an excellent Women's/Girls set up,) all having teams.

The removal of the 50 over county championship ruined Women's domestic cricket in this country.

Presentations next week, Seems odd that some counties already want them shipped out to school/club grounds, not sure how it all works though, sure some girls have contracts with the regions that go beyond next summer, but some reports suggest the new regions will almost be a blank canvas

Presentations next week, Seems odd that some counties already want them shipped out to school/club grounds, not sure how it all works though, sure some girls have contracts with the regions that go beyond next summer, but some reports suggest the new regions will almost be a blank canvas

I'm afraid I have zero trust in the ECB when it comes to their organisation around Women's and Girls cricket.

They put all of their eggs in the franchise model 5 years back, now it sounds like they want to undo that and go back to counties.

Bunch of fuckwits

Yeah should never have left the county set up, there was a disconnect straight away, a bit like the Hundred teams, i also cant see the ECB doing Durham any favours wither, especially over Yorkshire

im amazed the ECB has done us any favours, especially over our nearest rivals no matter how much their name is in the mud, absolutley fantastic news for the Club and young girls playing in the region though
Ha,ha...fuck off Yorkshire.
I thought given how far Yorkshire covers and how many people we wouldnt stand a chance no matter how good Durhams bid was

Last edited:
Colin Graves will be furious that we've got one over on him.
even better, to be honest, i thought our only chance was that they picked yorkshire and us, Nice to get one over on them and especially him
although i do wonder how many counties were just paying lip service in saying they wanted one, but maybe equally relived they haven't to save some Cash

even better, to be honest, i thought our only chance was that they picked yorkshire and us, Nice to get one over on them and especially him
although i do wonder how many counties were just paying lip service in saying they wanted one, but maybe equally relived they haven't to save some Cash
Yes, Pyrrhic victory for Durham.Graves done us again.

what makes you say that? by all accounts the money is there for a womens team, same way Bostock said the money is there id they were awarded a hundred franchise
If it's centrally funded I'm all for it.
But where will they play? What happened to this adjacent ground for Junior teams?

Last edited:

Back