Women’s Euros Thread . . .

Slightly surprised there's no links on YouTube. You'd expect them to be trying to widen coverage as much as possible

I'm slightly annoyed that I think it's on Sky?
I have SkyNZ but nothing here at all about the Womens Euros.....plenty of Rugby of course and all of the cricket 😕
Can't even find a dodgy stream 😒

Message comes up 'not available in your location'

I wouldn't mind if it was on a local channel and it would compromise their viewers but not available anywhere.
I guess the answer is going to be, get a VPN?
Some VPNs get blocked by the BBC. You could try an unblocker that would work for most British TV channels. Just Google BBC unblocker and have a look.

Anyone know if the games are streamed, official or unofficial link appreciated.
Can't find any myself.
Not on anything in New Zealand 😒
A VPN and BBC iPlayer, no need for dodgy streams
Thought the Germans looked ominously clinical the other night. We’ll need to up our game if we are going to beat them.
Best I've seen so far. Ruthless.

Last edited:
Interesting article about the choice of stadiums: Why Euro 2022 stars in small stadiums is a good thing

"The absolute truth of it is we did a tender process throughout every major ground and city in the country, and there were very few that came forward in wanting to host the women's Euros".

"We actually had to persuade a few clubs and cities to come forward, so we are very happy with where we got to."

Maybe that explains why the north east wasn't awarded any games?

Interesting article about the choice of stadiums: Why Euro 2022 stars in small stadiums is a good thing

"The absolute truth of it is we did a tender process throughout every major ground and city in the country, and there were very few that came forward in wanting to host the women's Euros".

"We actually had to persuade a few clubs and cities to come forward, so we are very happy with where we got to."

Maybe that explains why the north east wasn't awarded any games?

Disappointing, but maybe they were thinking about how much work it would be for them to get tickets sold.
I'd have thought it would have been quite easy considering the amount of coverage.

Disappointing, but maybe they were thinking about how much work it would be for them to get tickets sold.
I'd have thought it would have been quite easy considering the amount of coverage.
Although increased media coverage will sway a few to go and see what the fuss is about, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will then get the amount needed through the gates to make it profitable. Venues up here must have crunched the numbers and thought it too hard a sell, or that the interest just isn't there.

Although increased media coverage will sway a few to go and see what the fuss is about, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will then get the amount needed through the gates to make it profitable. Venues up here must have crunched the numbers and thought it too hard a sell, or that the interest just isn't there.

Shame really, especially when you consider the amount of England team are from the north east

Back