WOD-workout of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm carb loading every day

:lol:

Carb loading really means, i'm gonna have the sticky toffee pudding when Im out with work tonight!

Needed an excuse not to get lashed (last few times ive had even 4 pints) I've felt ill the next day) so I figured I'd plan this run & take the car tonight.

Been on a light load week this week, I did a rest week last time (8 weeks ago) and didn't feel great going back after it. I've quite enjoyed going in and doing a few different exercises a lot lighter than I'm normally hitting. Feel refreshed but still ready to get back into it next week.

Cardio tonight, sweating out last night's cider and 3 course Italian meal.

Leg extension, seated leg curl, shoulder press, lat pulldown, chest press, dumbbell lunges, barbell bench, deadlifts, concentration curls, calf raises, overhead tri extensions.

Really wanted to increase my squat today if possible but I felt some groin pain and on doing a few bodyweight only squats just to practice the movement it didn't feel right at all so decided to give it a miss which was a bit frustrating. Stayed light on the lunges and it didn't aggravate it thankfully.

Once all this football is over I'm changing the way I train to a solely CrossFit style.
My week will be based around the following

Monday: Squat
Tuesday: Press
Wednesday: Deadlift
Thursday: Press
Friday: Squat
clean heavy two times a week
snatch heavy two times a week

All cardio will be WOD based ie running, rowing, skipping.

WOD Fight Gone Bad

Fight Gone Bad is one of the CrossFit benchmark WODs. It was designed to simulate the time domain of a mixed martial arts bout of five minutes of work followed by one minute of rest

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:

. Wallball Shots: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
. Sumo Deadlift High-Pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
. Push Press: 75 pounds (Reps)
. Row: calories (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

doing 5 rounds of this first thing in the morning, got nervous butterflies just thinking about it !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdF-vPMPS1E[/ame]

Last edited:
Love the feeling after you finish a workout that you really didnt want to do, but dragged your sorry arse to do. :cool:

Just a treadmill interval session, but feel much better for doing it.

DB OHP
DB bent over rows, supersets with DB concentration curls
Incline DB bench press, supersets with DB shrugs
Deadlifts, supersets with DB overhead tri extensions
Situps (medicine ball)

Feel sick at the thought of my workout today, see above, everything I've seen and heard about this session is brutal. :-(

Also starting back with Insanity Asylum today but fitting it in around my CrossFit schedule rather than sticking to the calendar.

Barbell squats
Standing calf raises
Dumbbell squats
Deadlifts
Lunges
Leg extension & leg curl (light to finish)

Also dumbbell shoulder press, because it's knackering my tris too much doing a full chest and shoulder workout together on upper body day.

Chest press, lat pulldown, shoulder press, DB bent over rows, overhead DB tri extensions, incline DB bench, DB concentration curls, medicine ball sit-ups.

got bored again so messed around on a Beaverfit frame and decided to video it so you know what i mean. Its like a climbing frame for grown ups, its mint. lol feel like a kid playing in the park !!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnHobdXJpM[/ame]

Insanity fast and furious at 5.30am this morning with the mrs.
8am 3 mile run followed by 20 mins spinning
12.30 heavy pressing

5x5
Bench press
Military press

Each 5 reps was followed by 20 secs sprint with the prowler.

Now I'm about to do insanity asylum speed and agilty.

Fast and furious done already, off to work now, got lower body power day so it's heavy squats a d deads at 7.45. Got a footy match at 1pm so that's my cardio sorted.

Did one off the Crossfit body weight WODs that was posted on here the other day

20 mins to do as many sets of 5 pull ups/ 10 push ups/ 15 squats

Managed 8 sets (but only 7 sets of pull ups)

Not great but couldn't have even managed half of that a month ago

Remembered about this from a couple of months ago, so did it tonight.

Managed 10 sets - only just though- finished my 10th set of squats with a couple of seconds to spare.

Getting better :)

Leg day today: leg extension, leg curl, barbell squats, calf raises, dumbbell squats, lunges.

Also deadlifts (do these on upper body or leg day depending on when I have time)

Hypertrophy this morning

ncline Barbell Press: 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Flat Dumbbell Press: 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Decline Barbell Press: 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Machine Flys: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
Preacher Curls: 3 sets: 8-15 reps
Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets, 8-15 reps
Cable Curls: 3 sets, 8-15 reps
Over Head Dumbbell Extensions: 3 sets, 8-15 reps
Dips: 3 sets, 8-15 reps
Rope Press Downs: 3 sets, 8-15 reps

Felt strange doing higher reps for a change, actually struggled. Got a great pump which is always good for the ego !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back