Winning ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

the quality in this league is so poor even if we're shite ourselves most of the time we can get away with it because of individual quality. doesn't change the fact he's got us playing atrocious football though and we don't look anything like a team

i'd like to see him gone because I think we should be bossing this league but realistically it's not going to happen unless we go on a bad run. which i don't think we will because of the aforementioned individual quality. we'll have bad results like Peterborough but i can't see us ever losing 3/4/5 on the bounce because of how poor the competition is

Done it all my life, no reason to change now

One thing I tend to stick to is this

In all safc teams that I have seen be promoted, all the way back to stokoe days, for numerous games we’ve stunk the place out

Wins and winning by 3-1 is hardly the time to be getting disappointed and wanting managers sacked, players dropped and slagging everything off

We are league one, with a squad of league one players, who try their best. The time to complain is when we are half time in the champs league final and Ross brings on honeyman for kane.

Then complain

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a performance where you just take the win and move on. The concern it was yet another one of those performances.

Done it all my life, no reason to change now

One thing I tend to stick to is this

In all safc teams that I have seen be promoted, all the way back to stokoe days, for numerous games we’ve stunk the place out

Wins and winning by 3-1 is hardly the time to be getting disappointed and wanting managers sacked, players dropped and slagging everything off

We are league one, with a squad of league one players, who try their best. The time to complain is when we are half time in the champs league final and Ross brings on honeyman for kane.

Then complain

In League One, the volley by Gooch and cool finish by McGeady ... while other clubs watch wistfully w envy.
No complaints here :)

I said it for the second half of last season and am left saying it again this season. In League 1 defenders are poor, they don’t really know what to do when you attack them. We have the best attacking talent in the division as an overall group. If we set out to attack and press the ball we would score more, but we’d also concede less as opposition midfields would be too busy turning backwards. That’s all that Luton, Barnsley and Charlton did last season and we had better players than all 3.

In League One, the volley by Gooch and cool finish by McGeady ... while other clubs watch wistfully w envy.
No complaints here :)
Agreed. Beautiful finishes, even the tap in was cooly set up and put away

I’m not having moaning tonight after a 3-1 win, no matter how it was achieved

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you're not disputing the bit about Barca being reliant on Messi was bollocks?

Course its not bollocks, take Messis goals and assists out and see where they would have finished in the league the last few years given he has bagged over 40 a season and had scores of assists....Im amazed anybody would argue that they dont rely on him given his stats. Lets be honest, most teams have a player who has that bit extra who can turn a game and who will either get you a winner or a crucial goal....The idea that somehow having that player can be seen as a negative and used to bash the manager is mind blowing.

Peterborough rely heavily on Maddisons goals and assists, does it mean that the manager should be criticised or praised that he builds a team round him? Just a f***ing weird argument.

Last edited:
I said it for the second half of last season and am left saying it again this season. In League 1 defenders are poor, they don’t really know what to do when you attack them. We have the best attacking talent in the division as an overall group. If we set out to attack and press the ball we would score more, but we’d also concede less as opposition midfields would be too busy turning backwards. That’s all that Luton, Barnsley and Charlton did last season and we had better players than all 3.
Is correct, very sensible post, best form of defence is attack

Getting the same as Gus Poyet from our "supporters" on here. When we lose it's all his fault, when we win it's not pretty enough or he was lucky.

f***ing bellends.

We’re a top 6 side. Should be beating the likes of Accrington (f***ing hell how far we have fallen). Problem is with current manager we are not a top 2 side. He is so scared of the opposition that it neuters us.

Last edited:
Today we won 1-3 and the three points took us to within touching distance of the top two.
Despite this the performance leaves as many questions as it does answers.

I’d have said until recently that our squad is underachieving but the last two games have me doubting this.

Against Peterborough we were battered and today we really struggled to impose ourselves on Accrington despite having a 3-1 lead.

The simple basics of the game seem to be too much for a lot of our players - yes they’re game and will graft but dear me they frustrate the life out of you at times.

The pitch at Accrington was like a bowls green but some of our players looked like they were playing on a quagmire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back