Win a mascot place

Becs

Central Defender
Enter for a chance for your bairn to run out with the team against QPR. You have to pay to enter (donations from £10) but all proceeds go towards the Foundation of Light.

During the 2023-24 season, Foundation will be raising funds to support these initiatives and below is how your money can help:
  • £5 would pay for a young person with a disability access to a sports session
  • £8 pays for an older person to attend activities to stay socially active and improve physical and mental wellbeing
  • £40 will pay for a young person to have access to sessions supporting their physical, mental, and emotional health
  • £100 allows us to develop mental health resources to support up to five people

Good stuff all round! My lad was a mascot against West Brom this season and it was a great day for for him that he hasn't stopped talking about since (especially since Jobe, who he walked out with, looked after him really well and all the players were canny). Meet them all, get your shirt signed, get a kick about on the pitch (weather permitting) and all for a good cause, good luck everyone!

Fuck my bairn, I want to hold O’Neins hand wearing full kit as we walk out together. Full kit wanker at 38 years old
I agree it's always bairns that get to be mascots. They have only been supporting the Lads for a matter of a few months anarl . What about pensioners like me who have supported the Lads for years & years?

We never get a chance to run out holding Luke ONien's hand or gan round the Lads in speechless wonderment as they sign our shirts in the dressing room. Mind while I am in there O'Nien better not refer to ME as "young man" or I'll catch him with me walking stick - the patronising beggar. 😉

Oh and I am not doing any of those high fives and stuff like that . Its a handshake or nowt.

Last edited:
I agree it's always bairns that get to be mascots. They have only been supporting the Lads for a matter of a few months anarl . What about pensioners like me who have supported the Lads for years & years?

We never get a chance to run out holding Luke ONien's hand or gan round the Lads in speechless wonderment as they sign our shirts in the dressing room. Mind while I am in there O'Nien better not refer to ME as "young man" or I'll catch him with me walking stick - the patronising beggar. 😉

Oh and I am not doing any of those high fives and stuff like that . Its a handshake or nowt.
Sorry mate but your wheelchair will leave divets in the turf and O9 will only ride on the back of it.😝

I agree it's always bairns that get to be mascots.
Not always:

My nephew did it in League One, seemed decent for the price my brother paid

Looked into it for the bairn but apparently there's a waiting list now. Will slap an entry in and see how it goes.

Enter for a chance for your bairn to run out with the team against QPR. You have to pay to enter (donations from £10) but all proceeds go towards the Foundation of Light.

During the 2023-24 season, Foundation will be raising funds to support these initiatives and below is how your money can help:
  • £5 would pay for a young person with a disability access to a sports session
  • £8 pays for an older person to attend activities to stay socially active and improve physical and mental wellbeing
  • £40 will pay for a young person to have access to sessions supporting their physical, mental, and emotional health
  • £100 allows us to develop mental health resources to support up to five people
I might be too old for this Bec's

Not always:

When you get to my age believe me under 50's are "bairns".

I won a competition a few seasons ago to be in the squad photograph, got provided with a full kit, went out on to the pitch for a bit kick about then had photos taken.
Did I mention that I got to speak to and have my picture taken with the manager at the time…….Mr Roy Keane himself.
I wouldn't be too old for that now

Back