*~*~* Wimbledon v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.

that’s exactly bent your doing saying the mag tramp would score more if he had the same or more goals tha; Wyke

if he had the same run of games
I can’t even read that. Translator?
Whatever, you are a strange person revelling in having a go at a striker who has just scored a hattrick and won us the game. Dont think anyone on here is a big charlie wyke fan but everyone else is buzzing hes got hattrick and we won
I remember the last 2 games when he missed sitters and cost us 4 points pal. Could be third today.

I never said he was. I said that obrien should play up front with onien or Gooch behind.

Of course everyone misses chances. We’re talking about the amount of misses here. Keep up at the back.
What, the 2 misses in his last 2 games? All 2 of them? That’s your argument that he missed a chance in each of his last 2 games? Bellend you lad.

Strikers get in positions to have a chance of scoring but how many do you know that have a 100% shot to goals ratio?

you’re defo only a kid or you have the mind of a kid because your repeating the same statements over and over again even when someone challenges that statement with facts that are on record. You come across a bit “ am I bothered? Am I bothered ? Am I bothered though? Am I though? Is it though?

What, the 2 misses in his last 2 games? All 2 of them? That’s your argument that he missed a chance in each of his last 2 games? Bellend you lad.

Strikers get in positions to have a chance of scoring but how many do you know that have a 100% shot to goals ratio?

you’re defo only a kid or you have the mind of a kid because your repeating the same statements over and over again even when someone challenges that statement with facts that are on record. You come across a bit “ am I bothered? Am I bothered ? Am I bothered though? Am I though? Is it though?
Could keep going, but that is enough to prove my point

Whatever, you are a strange person revelling in having a go at a striker who has just scored a hattrick and won us the game. Dont think anyone on here is a big charlie wyke fan but everyone else is buzzing hes got hattrick and we won

We don’t seem to often agree mate, but you’re spot on here. I was critical of Wyke at half time, despite his goal and I’m absolutely chuffed to have had egg on my face come full time. Good stuff. 3 very welcome points. A hat trick from a player who probably needs a confidence boost with the fans. Good day for us

Hes shit, hence the pelters. Was wholly justified. He has the worst xG to goals ratio of the top 25 scorers in league one...
He’s a one man betting sting marra.
We don’t seem to often agree mate, but you’re spot on here. I was critical of Wyke at half time, despite his goal and I’m absolutely chuffed to have had egg on my face come full time. Good stuff. 3 very welcome points. A hat trick from a player who probably needs a confidence boost with the fans. Good day for us
Not as much as the fans need a confidence boost with him though.

Yeah still dont think hes a great player, but credit where credit is due hes scoring goals, and like you say confidence is a big thing in football, if he keeps scoring then it can only be better for us

xG is a flawed metric in isolation. Doesn’t include situational data.

It doesn’t take into account:

- The speed or direction the ball is reaching the player taking the shot.

- If the shot has to be taken with the players stronger/weaker foot.

- If the player is sprinting, balanced, well set to take the shot.

- If a player is stretching to reach the ball.

- The defenders between the ball and the goal, possibly narrowing the angle.

- Importance of scoring, increased pressure on the striker.

- Conditions of the pitch or weather.

- the keeper is also irrelevant.

Position and previous scoring patterns from such positions are taken into account but all of the above have a massive impact on the successfulness of the shot.

Most of the above make every shooting opportunity different than simply what position it was taken from.
what the fuck is that all about? will make me think in quantum mechanics next time I watch a Sunderland game, not just how many goals we score more than the opposition:)

No it doesn’t it records a chance occurred in a position of the pitch. It takes zero consideration of anything else. And the binary outcome of goal/no goal.

It includes NO other metrics or situational data. Third and last time I’m trying to explain this.

For example xG in isolation makes no difference in weight between a chance on the penalty spot with a perfect rolled and weighted pass and a whipped ball around the throat. Furthermore xG in isolation doesn’t differentiate between a chance with no fucker around the striker or 7 defenders in the way. Get it?

In isolation xG is hugely flawed and anyone relying on xG in isolation to win internet points is the muppet I’m afraid.
That not dependent on the model used? I seem to remember statsbomb were folding in more and more situational data into their model.

I mean obviously it’s being wildly misused here but it represents a good indicator of the overall volume and quality of chances that a team creates. I guess we’re back to a little knowledge being a dangerous thing:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back