Wimbledon Tennis 2022

Do you think the players treat it as all a bit of fun? Being successful is just as valid, serious and as important as any other area in any other sport to the competitors.

By all means deride it, disparage it etc. It would be nice if you backed it up by telling the players they have no right to compete because it’s not as exciting or as interesting. Your a member of the board. I’m sure it will come easy to you.
In no way do I think the players think it's a bit of fun, I didn't say that. I said from my perspective it seems like it.

I've never said players have no right to complete either.

I personally, and many more just think it's not even close to being as exciting as the singles.
Put the other finals on immediately before the single finals, in centre court?
There would still be empty seats.

Fair idea though

Last edited:
They did. The ladies doubles. I think the AETLA people in Wimbledon must not let fans leave till they’ve been played.
No british interest though, as someone mentioned an accrington/cheltenham cup final would be watched by diehard football fans, not casual fans.

Two czech lassies are only going to interest tennis buffs and vladimir putin.

They did. The ladies doubles. I think the AETLA people in Wimbledon must not let fans leave till they’ve been played.

The doubles was after the singles final, surely, wasn't that what led to your (bizarre) rant in the first place?
Are you suggesting they lock the crowd in?!? You'd have more luck trying to stop people leaving the Stadium Of Light before the end of the match.

Last edited:
Jamie Murray - 7 times Grand Slam title winner
Career Earnings: $5,790,341

Andy Murray - 3 times Grand Slam title winner
Career Earnings: $62,779,579

I always wondered, does the whole setup just get closed down til next year or if your a member can you have a few sets on centre court?
Surely it can’t be 2 weeks a year and odd Davis cup match, I know they make a fortune in the fortnight but been closed for 95% of the year is a bit crap

Aye, on court 96.
It looked well attended tbf, but we're talking about show courts.
They should give wheelchair tennis a leg-up.
I always wondered, does the whole setup just get closed down til next year or if your a member can you have a few sets on centre court?
Surely it can’t be 2 weeks a year and odd Davis cup match, I know they make a fortune in the fortnight but been closed for 95% of the year is a bit crap
It’s reserved for Sue Barker-Cliff Richard sessions…

Last edited:
The show courts are only used for the Championships. The other grass courts can be used by members between May and September. They also have non-grass courts which are used all year round.

Back