Wimbledon Tennis 2022

I bet not 5% of the posters on here talking about Wimbledon would even know or care who are in the doubles finals.

It's pointless.

Do you want to tell the LTA and tennis fans doubles are pointless? Do you want to suggest they stop it completely?

Not even 5% on here don’t care because they are ignorant and intolerant of anything other than what they perceive to be the top talent.

Last edited:

Pointless was too harsh, I will take that back.

Completely underwhelming I should have said.

Even that is harsh. It just needs to show people it’s no different.
Doubles tennis is for shite singles players.

Bollocks.
Aye. But you are complaining about empty seats. Why haven’t you filled one then?

I live several hundred miles away.
What did you think of the French open doubles final?

I am not a fan of Tennis. But when I see so many reject a match just because it doesn’t involve a top singles player it boils my piss.

Last edited:

Bollocks.

I am not a fan of Tennis. But when I see so many reject a match just because it doesn’t involve a top singles player it boils my piss.
It certainly is the case in mens doubles. The final yesterday consisted of players that would get nowhere near the 2nd round of a grand slam.

5Live might need to rethink having Clouseau's sister as co-commentator.

What with the crowd noise and her comedy French accent, you could barely understand a word she was saying.

That's before you even start talking about their bizarre coverage of the final which consisted of talking to reporters at other venues whilst the match was going on in the background.

Bollocks.

I don't get why something like that would boil your piss in a sport your not even a fan of.

It would be akin to not as many people being interested in a cup final between Accrington v Cheltenham.

Do you want to tell the LTA and tennis fans doubles are pointless? Do you want to suggest they stop it completely?

Not even 5% on here don’t care because they are ignorant and intolerant of anything other than what they perceive to be the top talent.
It's a good point raised, but I'd prefer we ask 'How do we make the non-singles more popular?' Rather than pointing fingers. Is that not a more engaging way to do it?

I don't get why something like that would boil your piss in a sport your not even a fan of.

It would be akin to not as many people being interested in a cup final between Accrington v Cheltenham.

Simple. Because it has everything to do with seeing the actual visual support in attendance as a casual tennis watcher. The Kyrigos v Djokovic final was heavily billed and as a casual watcher I was tempted. And how disheartening it was to see how disparaging the supposed best fans in tennis view other areas.

If that is how they feel then they need to send a strongly worded letter to the LTA and to AELTC and tell them to discontinue doubles and wheelchair matches and just have the singles and say how inferior it is.
Lack of british interest in the latter stages doesn't help, the pairing of the more successful Murray and his brother Andy would be a draw.

A British guy was in the final of the wheelchair tennis. Hewitt.
It's a good point raised, but I'd prefer we ask 'How do we make the non-singles more popular?' Rather than pointing fingers. Is that not a more engaging way to do it?

Yes it is. But show me a way to do it that would work.

Last edited:
Simple. Because it has everything to do with seeing the actual visual support in attendance as a casual tennis watcher. The Kyrigos v Djokovic final was heavily billed and as a casual watcher I was tempted. And how disheartening it was to see how disparaging the supposed best fans in tennis view other areas.

If that is how they feel then they need to send a strongly worded letter to the LTA and to AELTC and tell them to discontinue doubles and wheelchair matches and just have the singles and say how inferior it is.
From my point of view, rightly or wrongly I view the doubles as a bit like a testimonial match, all a bit of fun. The court seems too busy for me. Watching singles is just so much better. Plus, you don't have to watch that ridiculous fist bump/ high five/handtouch after every single point in the singles.

From my point of view, rightly or wrongly I view the doubles as a bit like a testimonial match, all a bit of fun. The court seems too busy for me. Watching singles is just so much better. Plus, you don't have to watch that ridiculous fist bump/ high five/handtouch after every single point in the singles.

Do you think the players treat it as all a bit of fun? Being successful is just as valid, serious and as important as any other area in any other sport to the competitors.

By all means deride it, disparage it etc. It would be nice if you backed it up by telling the players they have no right to compete because it’s not as exciting or as interesting. Your a member of the board. I’m sure it will come easy to you.

A British guy was in the final of the wheelchair tennis. Hewitt.

Yes it is. But show me a way to do it that would work.
Put the other finals on immediately before the single finals, in centre court?

Back