William Storey

You'd prefer to be in administration, almost certainly get relegated to L1 - possibly end up even lower and run the risk of the club going out of business altogether? Even if we magically came out relatively successfully why do you think we'd end up with better owners? History tells us we'd more likely end up with someone like Donaldson or even worse. There isn't dozens of football loving billionaires sitting around waiting to spunk 100's millions into an unfashionable Northern English club.
I have said it before and I will say it again. This place is off its tits

Which says a lot in itself. Reading are owned and being soundly fucked over by an utter loon who the EFL should be ashamed of themselves (but they're not - I asked) for allowing into club ownership. For them to say "er, hold on..we'd rather hang our hats on this corrupt Dai Yongge fuckwit than YOU, Mr Storey" is really something.

I've got one of those. I just drew it in crayon on a coffee coaster. Should I pitch my hat into the ring?
the reading owner did what fans wanted...spent hundreds of millions of his own money on the club to "show ambition"

the reading owner did what fans wanted...spent hundreds of millions of his own money on the club to "show ambition"
Yeah he's exactly what you'd want as an owner. He's washed his hands of the club and is selling everything off including the training ground, binning staff and not paying players. Having done the same to clubs in Europe before, which was known to the EFL when they cleared his bid for the club.

Sometimes it's as if you just post specific minor parts of a whole story for the sake of an argument, but to be honest, it just makes you appear annoying at best, thick as mince at worst.

indeed....my point is if you do what that owner did a few years ago..it inevitably ends where it is now for a club...
But no one is advocating doing anything like that at SAFC now. However you need to show some ambition, and in modern football you need to be prepared to put in some finance to move forward. We have assets to cover that investment so surely we should be looking to significantly improve in the summer by signing 4 or 5 quality players.

But no one is advocating doing anything like that at SAFC now. However you need to show some ambition, and in modern football you need to be prepared to put in some finance to move forward. We have assets to cover that investment so surely we should be looking to significantly improve in the summer by signing 4 or 5 quality players.
thwy are putting in fiannce..not many teams have outspent SAFC on fees over the past couple of years...

I would take Administration as we could clear the decks of everything wrong with the club . As it stands we are not going to progress with these loons running our club. We will stagnate for a couple of years then plummet into even more shitness
:lol: :lol: the same 'loons' got us out of L1, play offs last season and a mediocre to poor season this year isn't exactly years of shitness or lack of progress.

I would take Administration as we could clear the decks of everything wrong with the club . As it stands we are not going to progress with these loons running our club. We will stagnate for a couple of years then plummet into even more shitness
I'm feeling quite genial today as I got my bi-annual leg over last night, so I'm going to be benevolent and assume you're either a very young impatient lad who's mam forgot his dippy egg for breakfast this morning, or a grumpy old bugger with some memory loss and a slight whiff of piss and cabbage about you.

I'm not sure they got any of it!
Untrue, got £1.99 and a 20% off voucher for Farmfoods
I'm pretty sure he paid a few thousand to have the cars painted in his fictional energy drink's colours, according to team boss Gunther Steiner in that Netflix series. I don't think he paid a penny in actual sponsorship money.
Big gob.. no cash!

You'd prefer to be in administration, almost certainly get relegated to L1 - possibly end up even lower and run the risk of the club going out of business altogether? Even if we magically came out relatively successfully why do you think we'd end up with better owners? History tells us we'd more likely end up with someone like Donaldson or even worse. There isn't dozens of football loving billionaires sitting around waiting to spunk 100's millions into an unfashionable Northern English club.
It’s an absolutely nuts comment by the poster you replied to. The whole problem this ownership has is that there an overwhelming amount of stuff to be done on and off the pitch. It’s going to be slow.

Back