William Storey

Did I say that they would?

I said that the vast majority of clubs would love to be in our position, do you not agree?

Have a look at the precarious finances of Championship clubs see what the future of boom or bust, leaving beyond our means actually looks like.

We’ve got a clubs in the PL breaching FFP and being punished on the pitch. Regulations mean that even if a club has mega rich owners they can’t give a blank cheque to sign whoever for whatever.

Stoke have the richest ownership in the Championship and they’ve just come out of a long term transfer embargo for breaching financial rules.

While the lack of investment frustrates thelife out of me - all I want is a capable f***ing striker and a defensive midfielder - any fool can see that we aren’t in any danger of punishment due to financial issues or even losing our club to administration.

And we are closer to EFL FFP limits than many would like to admit but aye keep baying for more investment.
Champion lets bob along waving and clapping because we are-not in debt . You are talking about Sunderland not Ipswich , Norwich or QPR . We have 40k tickets sold for every game we have a proud history and the club should be challenging for top rewards , But no our support if your opinion accounts to others are now happy to accept the shite we are being served

I would take Administration as we could clear the decks of everything wrong with the club . As it stands we are not going to progress with these loons running our club. We will stagnate for a couple of years then plummet into even more shitness
Do you know what Administration is?

Champion lets bob along waving and clapping because we are-not in debt . You are talking about Sunderland not Ipswich , Norwich or QPR . We have 40k tickets sold for every game we have a proud history and the club should be challenging for top rewards , But no our support if your opinion accounts to others are now happy to accept the shite we are being served

You’ve clearly barely got the intelligence to speak for yourself so kindly don’t put words into my mouth.

I’ve said that many clubs would like to be in our position…right or wrong?

I’ve said I’m happy we don’t have debt or in danger of sanction….so you aren’t?

I’ve never once said I’m happy with our current situation on the pitch at present, our performance levels are well below where I want them to be. Our tactical approach isn’t the exciting as I’d prefer. And I’m not even gonna speak to matters of the pitch.

We are a centre forward and a competent coach away from a good season

However chucking money at it, money that we aren’t generating and becoming in breach of FFP rules isn’t a future that I want for my club.

The club experienced the depths of depression where that leads and that’s not where I want my club to be.

Or are we guaranteed that our boom or bust gamble will work this time?

Chris Kirchner (Derby County) and Dozy Mmobuosi (Sheffield United) are the other two covered in this series so far, providing further proof if it was needed that football is a magnet for chancers, con artists and fantasists.

From the article-

“He’s never been close to buying anything,” explains a source who worked for Sunderland when Storey was trying to buy the club. Like others who spoke to The Athletic for this article, they will remain anonymous to protect relationships. “There was nothing (at Sunderland). There was no deal. The guy was a fantasist, a Walter Mitty.

“This is his MO: he sends an email to a football club saying he wants to buy that club. Then he launches this social media blitz. ‘Yeah, I’m buying the club, I’ve got a deal, can’t say anything more than that’.”

Last edited:
I would take Administration as we could clear the decks of everything wrong with the club . As it stands we are not going to progress with these loons running our club. We will stagnate for a couple of years then plummet into even more shitness

You'd prefer to be in administration, almost certainly get relegated to L1 - possibly end up even lower and run the risk of the club going out of business altogether? Even if we magically came out relatively successfully why do you think we'd end up with better owners? History tells us we'd more likely end up with someone like Donaldson or even worse. There isn't dozens of football loving billionaires sitting around waiting to spunk 100's millions into an unfashionable Northern English club.

the club are in debt..dont know what gave you the impression they aret.
Ipswich spend fuck all on signings..
SAFC have been promoted under this ownership.
Selling 40k tickets simply isnt enough,,,it requires owner funding...and gets owner funding that is quite lavish..

Administration means defaulting on your creditors, who are in many cases honest traders in the vicinity of your club who do not deserve that callous disregard. I'm surprised anyone in the vicinity of Glasgow would have any respect for Sevco rangers.

Actually scrap that. They went further than that. They declared themselves to be bankrupt and morally they were spot on with that self assessment.

Last edited:
Administration means defaulting on your creditors, who are in many cases honest traders in the vicinity of your club who do not deserve that callous disregard. I'm surprised anyone in the vicinity of Glasgow would have any respect for Sevco rangers.
Comfortably the stupidest I’ve read on here for a long time. His post not yours

You'd prefer to be in administration, almost certainly get relegated to L1 - possibly end up even lower and run the risk of the club going out of business altogether? Even if we magically came out relatively successfully why do you think we'd end up with better owners? History tells us we'd more likely end up with someone like Donaldson or even worse. There isn't dozens of football loving billionaires sitting around waiting to spunk 100's millions into an unfashionable Northern English club.
Fuck. Someone should tell the people who just bought a 40% stake in Ipswich.

Not only that. There's plenty of clubs with, or in the past have had, Billionaire owners who get bored when they hit their FFP limit and the original splurge in cash didn't work out how they planned. Usually leaves the club even worse off than it would have been with a chancer.

Last edited:
Didn't Reading call his bluff and he bullshitted some excuse? :lol:
I'm not sure about that but he was offering £50m for Reading, which was more than anyone else's valuation, and apparently had a document claiming that he had access to a "£250m finance facility".

Two immediate questions are why offer over the odds for a distressed asset, and if he genuinely had access to such funding what was delaying him? Obviously because he is a fantasist but I do wonder if he caused any longer term issues especially at Reading by driving a prospective buyer(s) away due to the owner wasting time on him in the hope of a £50m sale.

Which says a lot in itself. Reading are owned and being soundly fucked over by an utter loon who the EFL should be ashamed of themselves (but they're not - I asked) for allowing into club ownership. For them to say "er, hold on..we'd rather hang our hats on this corrupt Dai Yongge fuckwit than YOU, Mr Storey" is really something.
I'm not sure about that but he was offering £50m for Reading, which was more than anyone else's valuation, and apparently had a document claiming that he had access to a "£250m finance facility".

Two immediate questions are why offer over the odds for a distressed asset, and if he genuinely had access to such funding what was delaying him? Obviously because he is a fantasist but I do wonder if he caused any longer term issues especially at Reading by driving a prospective buyer(s) away due to the owner wasting time on him in the hope of a £50m sale.
I've got one of those. I just drew it in crayon on a coffee coaster. Should I pitch my hat into the ring?

Last edited:

he cant buy a football club..he is subject to an insolvency event and risks being banned as a company director..legally he cant own a club..this has been made clear dozens of times but because he is a village idiot who likes to go walkabout to radio studios it gets ignored

Chris Kirchner (Derby County) and Dozy Mmobuosi (Sheffield United) are the other two covered in this series so far, providing further proof if it was needed that football is a magnet for chancers, con artists and fantasists.

From the article-

“He’s never been close to buying anything,” explains a source who worked for Sunderland when Storey was trying to buy the club. Like others who spoke to The Athletic for this article, they will remain anonymous to protect relationships. “There was nothing (at Sunderland). There was no deal. The guy was a fantasist, a Walter Mitty.

“This is his MO: he sends an email to a football club saying he wants to buy that club. Then he launches this social media blitz. ‘Yeah, I’m buying the club, I’ve got a deal, can’t say anything more than that’.”
It’s bonkers that some wanted him in as owner, he’s an absolute loon.
I’m fairly sure Simon Jordan destroyed him on Talksport as well?

his creditors will be very happy to hear of this £250mn....they are owed a few qid and that should cover it..

Back