Will Still (managerial suggestion)

This business of honing his skills on football manager seems weird to me. Imagine if you were having an operation and your surgeon said he had honed his skills playing the operation board game😳
He never said he honed his skills on football manager. He just said he enjoyed playing it as a kid and it sparked an interest in it and to get involved in management from a young age.

He's spent pretty much his entire career either playing in youth football, or a professional football related role, whether as an analyst, youth coach, assistant coach or head coach, for more than 10 years.

The "hired from football manager" crack is just lazy reporting because it sounds silly, regardless of truth.

I expect West Ham to take a punt on the lad.
He'll not be here in the summer as our board will put too many constraints on any incoming head coach.

Plus, he seems like an ambitious fella, and I wouldn't put the club in the same bracket at the moment.

It’s not Still, he’s quite a way above our parameters I’m told
I wouldn’t be surprised. None of Mowbray, Neil and Beale were rumoured to be in the mix for the job until very close to their announcement.

Can’t see why this would be any different.

Back