Will Still (managerial suggestion)

No I think people coming to the conclusion that Will Still being seen at a Chelsea game is somehow linked to him coming here is a bit far fetched.

Opinions are absolutely fine with me and are equally valid

Well I would I concur but I haven’t really seen that conclusion other than someone saying we often use London as an interview location.

I've no issue with the suggestion that he's a better option than Still. It's the lazy comments like "we won't pay him enough" when how much he would actually cost and how that impacts the club hasn't even enter your consideration.
So we only go for someone whose cost will fit the club’s model like we probably did with Beale.

Shocking that like. Fewming.

Alex Neil vibes.

He’s going to watch the FA Cup final semi, relax.
He's getting £40k a week to do nothing until next summer and has the option of waiting for a Premier League job in the summer.

How much would you suggest we pay him?

I like to think we’d bend the model for a man of Klopp’s calibre.

Last edited:
So we only go for someone whose cost will fit the club’s model like we probably did with Beale.

Is that a statement or a question?

Again, you're inferring something that you have absolutely no evidence of. Of course we should go for someone that we can afford, because the alternative by definition is someone that we can't afford. But that doesn't mean cheap.

For reference, £2m a year (which is what Cooper is earning for doing nothing) matches the rumoured highest salary for a Championship coach.

Would he come here for a pay cut? Or is anything but paying the highest wages in the Championship "the cheap option" that "fits the model"?

Is that a statement or a question?

Again, you're inferring something that you have absolutely no evidence of. Of course we should go for someone that we can afford, because the alternative by definition is someone that we can't afford. But that doesn't mean cheap.

For reference, £2m a year (which is what Cooper is earning for doing nothing) matches the rumoured highest salary for a Championship coach.

Would he come here for a pay cut? Or is anything but paying the highest wages in the Championship "the cheap option" that "fits the model"?
Haven’t got a clue what that last sentence means ??
I think he would come here for a pay cut as I can’t see him getting a PL job. I think it more depends on whether our board can sell the club to him or indeed whether they want proven experience

Back