Will Still (managerial suggestion)

Steve Cooper
Cooper would definitely give us a chance. I think his reputation of working with young players and his style of football would also give him the credibility that is needed to get the supporters on board immediately.
There are other potential candidates currently of course and others will emerge as the current season draws to a close.
I really think that our club needs an experienced, credible and established Head Coach who :
- is able to persuade the board that money needs to be spent next on experienced footballers to balance what we already have.
- has an influential role in the next phase of player recruitment.
- has relevant and recent successful experience in English football
- is not coming here after being sacked from his last job and merely to do as he is told by KS.
- is not coming here to use us as a stepping stone
- will play entertaining,attacking football

Dear Will
Can you remember when we spoke about you coming over and taking charge of our highly promising, upwardly mobile, young squad and taking us to the next level?
Well we’ve utterly fucked it all up since then so hope you’re still interested. Not til summer mind, I’m not a billionaire!!
Love
Kyril.

Cooper would definitely give us a chance. I think his reputation of working with young players and his style of football would also give him the credibility that is needed to get the supporters on board immediately.
There are other potential candidates currently of course and others will emerge as the current season draws to a close.
I really think that our club needs an experienced, credible and established Head Coach who :
- is able to persuade the board that money needs to be spent next on experienced footballers to balance what we already have.
- is not coming here after being sacked from his last job and merely to do as he is told by KS.
doesn't speak French.

There’s no way a new coach will have the bargaining chips to convince these lot to spend money.

Depends who he is.
If he's recruited from another club because he's doing well then he can negotiate his terms rather than just accepting what the board offers.
Unfortunately that’s where our hunt for that particular manager would end and we’d move on to a cheap out of work/possibly options from lower leagues

Dear Will,

You know when we spoke back in January you mentioned you had no previous experience of working in the championship ? It seems that might not be so much of an issue.

League 1 is much the same in one country as the next I’m sure.

Regards,

KLD

I'm starting to cool on Still.

I think he's a fantastic prospect and would welcome him with open arms. But what is his record with young players like?

I sort of wonder if we are making the game too complicated for our players. Maybe the trick Mowbray had to get the best out of them was simplicity of message.

Beale and Dodds could be muddying their minds. Which many progressive tactical coaches might do also.

Cooper might be better? Idk.

I don’t follow world wide football closely.

So, can someone please advise what titles/leagues Still has won and what experience he has with managing English football teams?

In short, what has he achieved?

I don’t follow world wide football closely.

So, can someone please advise what titles/leagues Still has won and what experience he has with managing English football teams?

In short, what has he achieved?
He won the World Cup with San Marino on fm

Then he’s been pushing for a European place at Reims in the French league.

Back