Will Harris, Kenton Richardson and Stephen Wearne

Let's be honest, none were expected to be serious first team players here. I'm glad one or two (heard Kenton got another pro contract elsewhere) but it's time we moved on from the likes of these type of lads coming in and filling up the U23 squad.
No club is going to have an u23 squad full of players destined for the first team. Even the top clubs let players go.

If you have even one or two prospects coming through you need a team for them to play in.

It's not but then again those players shouldn't be in that position in the first place. If the U23s had maybe Wearne and one more plus the likes of Hugill, Pye, Stephenson etc, we could be sat here saying saying that lad is going to put Player X on his toes next season or if we put him on loan we could bring him back and Player X can go or be sold on for Z amount. I get the academy is basically a gamble in some sense but haway man, if the glut of talent we had had on our books hadn't been sold off then the likes of Wearne, Richardson etc wouldn't even exist on this forum.

Absolutely. What those pair of chancers did to our academy is nothing short of a disgrace

Be interesting to see where Will Harris goes. Was a wanted man in league 2 in January but never seemed to kick on at Barrow.

Be interesting to see where Will Harris goes. Was a wanted man in league 2 in January but never seemed to kick on at Barrow.

Tricky one as Barrow were shite and probably not the place to go if you wanted to bang some goals in, would expect him to get a L2 club this summer still.

I think Harris is more likely to go into the National League, didn't make an impact at Barrow so a step down might be what is needed. The Heed might be a good fit seeing as they lost their main two men to Notts County

I think he's got quite a bad illness currently

Started ok then was relegated to the bench. Eventually he wasn’t even in the squad when Phil Brown took over. We heard nowt so assumed Brown didn’t rate him, then at the end of the season there was a social media pic from his hospital bed.

Wearne signed for Grimsby

It's not quite a topless breastfeeding mother in boxer shorts fighting off a bald eagle to save her pet goose, but that's quite a bizarre headline in its own right

I think Harris is more likely to go into the National League, didn't make an impact at Barrow so a step down might be what is needed. The Heed might be a good fit seeing as they lost their main two men to Notts County

Harris just signed for Gateshead alongside Richardson which I think is a great move, they’ve helped a lot of young upcoming strikers improve lately.

Hopefully he can replicate his form from the Under 23’s last season!

Harris just signed for Gateshead alongside Richardson which I think is a great move, they’ve helped a lot of young upcoming strikers improve lately.

Hopefully he can replicate his form from the Under 23’s last season!
Good move for the lad. I think he'll do well

Back