Wilkinson Grayson Parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus', Parkinson will know more of the English game than Ross and wouldn't of signed the likes of Flannigan, Baldwin or McLaughlin. Also we can understand Parky in his interviews.

People saying "get behind him". No one will go to the match wanting him to fail. Saying that, this is f***ing shite still.

..not rocket science tbf Daffy lad. Pearson wanted a professional set up and Donald shit his pants. Parkinson rocked up and sold himself as someone who can work on a shoestring. Pound signs ringing all over for Donald.
This. Parkinson is and will be a weaknas piss yes man. I’ll give him 7 games before the crowds turn and there will be less than 25k for home games.
3 promotions
And 13 seasons of turgid shite

..wait till you see Parkinson's 'football'. This appointment is a joke. Cheapest option for Del boy and Rodney to make.
Fair enough. I'm not excited by Parkinson at all but sometimes pragmatism is what is needed to get a specific job done. He would be seen as a decent option for other clubs in the top half of League One and whilst we aspire to something more, and should do, the likely options seemed limited. A lot of what we have lacked has been a streetwise mentality. Poorer footballers have walked over our midfield whilst we have tried to pass it around like we are in the Champions League and either give the ball away or head for our goalie beacause we aren't good enough to do that.

This. Parkinson is and will be a weaknas piss yes man. I’ll give him 7 games before the crowds turn and there will be less than 25k for home games.

And 13 seasons of turgid shite
I haven’t been an avid follower of Bradford, Colchester and Bolton so I’ll wait and see for myself

I haven’t been an avid follower of Bradford, Colchester and Bolton so I’ll wait and see for myself

While not an avid follower I do keep an eye on other teams and managers.
Parkinson has been managing, on and off, for sixteen years. He did a very good job in his first post at Colchester, taking them into the second tier for the first and only time in their history. He moved to Hull before Colchester had kicked a ball in The Championship but so woeful were The Tigers under him that he was sacked before Christmas. He then became assistant to Pardew at The Valley and after Pardew was sacked Parkinson took over from him and oversaw Charlton's relegation from The Championship. He guided The Addicks to the play-offs but failed to gain them promotion and was sacked the next season.
His next job was at Bradford City. Parkinson led them to promotion from League Two, took them to a League Cup semi-final and produced one of the most astonishing FA Cup reults of all time winning 2-4 at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea had led 2-0. Finally he took Bolton straight back into The Championship in his first season in charge, after which all hell broke lose at Bolton and little blame should be attached to him for their relegation back to League One. He was widely praised for his handling of the mess at Bolton.
Unfortunately it seems even those who speak kindly of Phil Parkinson admit the football his teams play is dull to put it mildly, notwithstanding displays like that one at Chelsea. He may well take us up in May and that's his remit but we're crying out for someone to excite like Daniel Stendel and Phil Parkinson doesn't seem that someone. Good Luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back