Wigan top, Wyke with a brace....

Listen lad, its a free country and you do as you please but like I say to my kids when in somebody else's house you represent all our family. This is their house and they set the rules which mean you will have to take a bit of incoming without being overly caustic yourself....unfair maybe but thems the ground rules in someone's house. If this is not to your liking feel free to fuck off while the rest of us get on with it.
That’s a very pragmatic and sensible view. It is unfair but, as you say, that’s the way it is.

You’ll also see on this forum loads of fans from loads of different clubs posting without suffering ‘incoming’. Unfortunately a couple of yours (I suspect they may not even be yours but rather someone being a bit mischievous) have come on here and been wholly antagonistic. Sadly that gets everyone stirred up and means your club may suffer a disproportionate amount of flack for a while.

Wigan have had a habit for years of getting the best out a player, selling him for huge money and then they totally flop after that. It's how we've survived for years. The list is endless over the last 20 years. Maybe we can do this in reverse with Charlie. I will judge him next May.
And so you should
He took his goals well yesterday, especially the first one.
And he may do well with McLean and Jones crossing for him.
He was obviously a valuable player for us as scored a lot from mcgeadys crosses, but there were a lot of games where he hardly touched the ball. His overall play for us was pretty limited.

And so you should
He took his goals well yesterday, especially the first one.
And he may do well with McLean and Jones crossing for him.
He was obviously a valuable player for us as scored a lot from mcgeadys crosses, but there were a lot of games where he hardly touched the ball. His overall play for us was pretty limited.
Losing a player sometimes feels like losing a girlfriend...she can go from being the best thing since sliced bread to a right slag overnight. I suspect the truth with Charlie will lie somewhere in the middle which will do for me.

Losing a player sometimes feels like losing a girlfriend...she can go from being the best thing since sliced bread to a right slag overnight. I suspect the truth with Charlie will lie somewhere in the middle which will do for me.
I’ve seen your fans suggest that a lot of our fans’ views on Wyke and Power are sour grapes, which you’re implying again there.

It’s not the case at all. The beauty of a forum is that all previous views are here documented with a time stamp for posterity. People’s views on not being overly keen on the players is pretty consistent, in Wyke’s case even when he was scoring 30 goals for us.

So to extend your analogy we always thought she was a right slag, had to put up with her for a while and now she’s moved on the only difference is that her new fella is around to hear us calling her a slag (and getting upset about it).

I don’t think one person honestly cared when he left, doubt that has ever happened before when losing a 30 goal striker. Ross Stewart is a much better player than Wyke.

We've played 7 league games. I'd rather see who's top or top 2, 30 games down the line. Are Wigan going to be our new shitty media social driven rivalry like Portsmouth and Coventry have been? 🙈
Concentrate on ourselves and take care of what we do, rest doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Listen lad, its a free country and you do as you please but like I say to my kids when in somebody else's house you represent all our family. This is their house and they set the rules which mean you will have to take a bit of incoming without being overly caustic yourself....unfair maybe but thems the ground rules in someone's house. If this is not to your liking feel free to fuck off while the rest of us get on with it.
Only responding to the comments
For what it’s worth I have always enjoyed my trips to Sunderland both the stadium of light. And a proper football ground roker park. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I remain confident Inspector Gadget will fall below 15.

Crazy Legs Crane is a certainty to never score 30 goals like Wyke. No matter how much he is fawned over for a decent start.
Yeah but Wyke is no certainty to score 30 goals, having only done it once in his career.

What is a certainty is Stewart being a better team player in holding the ball up, pressing winning free kicks, link up play, winning headers.

If Wyke scores 20 and Stewart scores 14, I'd still rather have had Stewart for the reasons above.

The thing with Wyke is for the majority of his time here he was absolute dogshit. Even when he improved his overall game was extremely limited and we had to play a certain to get the best out of him which limited us as a team. At the end of the season as a fanbase we were split on whether we should give him a contract or not. After scoring 30 goals that should tell you alot about what we genuinely thought about him.
I felt like he deserved a new contract but wasn't too fussed when he left. Mind you I was surprised he went to Wigan

Isn’t Sunderland near that big club Newcastle 😀. Wigan isn’t a rugby city. It’s a town and we allow our rugby club to play in OUR stadium.

Did u see his goals
Have you seen Stewart's goals.
Isn’t Sunderland near that big club Newcastle 😀. Wigan isn’t a rugby city. It’s a town and we allow our rugby club to play in OUR stadium.

Did u see his goals
I watched Wyke for three seasons and won't comment on his qualities nor will I fall into the trap if denigrating other clubs, towns or cities. Nor should you. I believe replacing Wyke with Stewart improves Sunderland. Who did Wyke replace at Wigan?

Last edited:
He was shit, if he didn’t have McGeady he wouldn’t have scored more than 10 goals.

Ross Stewart is 10x the player Wyke will ever be. Plus he doesn’t cost £10k a week

Last edited:

Did u see his goals

I saw him for the years unfortunately.
The thing with Wyke is for the majority of his time here he was absolute dogshit. Even when he improved his overall game was extremely limited and we had to play a certain to get the best out of him which limited us as a team. At the end of the season as a fanbase we were split on whether we should give him a contract or not. After scoring 30 goals that should tell you alot about what we genuinely thought about him.
I felt like he deserved a new contract but wasn't too fussed when he left. Mind you I was surprised he went to Wigan

This. I have no I'll feelings about him tbh. We ignored warnings about his limitations until Parkinson tried to play to suit him with a ridiculous amount of crosses. which when you have McGeady in your armoury and won't play him is utterly bizarre. I don't blame him at 28/29 taking the contract he has elsewhere either and it helps make us a better team even if I'd liked him as a replacement for Stewart should he get injured.

I also don't know who will finish higher between us and Wigan. I do know I much prefer our approach and we have the more talented, promising individuals and it could, if promoted, put us in a better position than they would be in if promoted tied to their players. But really I couldn't care less what Wigan do, until some muppet comes on here trying to be clever.

Last edited:

I watched Wyke for three seasons and won't comment on his qualities nor will I fall into the trap if denigrating other clubs, towns or cities. Nor should you. I believe replacing Wyke with Stewart improves Sunderland. Who did Wyke replace at Wigan?
With all the upheaval at Wigan last season we had lots of different players as striker most not at the club now. I suppose kean and Lang who are now playing off wyke. Just thinking about Tuesdays game I would think we will make a minimum of 6 changes probably more like 8

With all the upheaval at Wigan last season we had lots of different players as striker most not at the club now. I suppose kean and Lang who are now playing off wyke. Just thinking about Tuesdays game I would think we will make a minimum of 6 changes probably more like 8
I've heard Wyke is working hard, aside from his 2 goals yesterday Wigan fans seem happy with his performances. This surprised me, not the fact he's working hard but that they rate him as a player.

Does he still give away fouls wrestling with centre backs, lack pace and mobility to really trouble defenders? Like do you think he's a good footballer? If he scores 25 it won't matter. But what if he doesn't. Remember when you had say Heskey, he didn't need to score to play well. He'd make the ball stick, win free kicks, he'd even have a burst of pace down the channels. From what I seen in the 3 years, Wyke is a poacher but his game has clear deficiencies. It's surprising the Wigan fans haven't recognised this, or maybe they have?

Aye.
Its easy for teams to go on a long run in this league.
Think oxford were a few points from the bottom last season after about 15 games, and then 15 games later are a few points from the top.
We need consistency.
We're playing consistently well atm, though yesterday was easily the worst performance of the season.
But we still played ok and could have won but for late pen.

Aye I think we'll play a full team of fringe players, still pretty strong this season. Either way the pressure is kinda off us both on Tuesday.

Back