Why would anyone buy us now?

Harsh. They're a decent bunch are City, we've always got on well with them.

Have we ?
I remember them applauding us when we went down many years ago as they were in similar circumstances but since the takeover to listen to them you would think they have been the biggest club in the land since day dot.
Fook em.

Am I being defeatist and stupid?

1) We have big debts that are only getting bigger.
2) Selling all our player "assets" we will still be left with payments for the likes of N'Dong, Djilibodgy etc..
3) I would doubt the parachute payments will cover even the reduced wage bill now.
4) Coleman is also on a canny wage for another two years (2-4m?).

The debt will only get bigger and how could some put down £70+ million for a League One side? Where is the possibility of a return unless it's an outlay of even more?

No buyer and still spiralling debt can only end in one eventual scenario?
They will get us cheaper and if any new owner can sort out the issues with the debt mainly, we are still a big club and with that comes great potential.

Football clubs will always be bought and sold, we ourselves will be sold on to another owner sooner or later, it is the way of things

2) Selling all our player "assets" we will still be left with payments for the likes of N'Dong, Djilibodgy etc..
3) I would doubt the parachute payments will cover even the reduced wage bill now.

The debt will only get bigger and how could some put down £70+ million for a League One side? Where is the possibility of a return unless it's an outlay of even more?

Been waiting for the relegation before deals are pushed thro. Lets not kid ourselves, prospective buyers have come in knowing we were going to be relegated.

You don't make money getting promoted?! It costs a huge amount of money in terms of transfer fees and wages, and signing up players on lucrative long term contracts. Getting us from where we now are back to being an established PL club would cost the equivalent of the GDP of a small country. Do people actually think there's money for investors to make from football?!

The United Arab Emirates is a small country. My vote goes to them

Simple

Promotion and the value of the club goes up hugely

Double promotion and you make a fortune
Granted neither look likely right now, but look at Wolves, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester etc

If we can do back to back relegations then under the right circumstances we can do the same with promotions. Admittedly one is a lot easier to do than the other ;):lol:

If you have very deep pockets now is the time to buy the club, but if you only have 150m you would wait until players are sold off to know what the debt really is.

If you view football as a business then someone is always looking to buy a business. There's huge potential at the club for someone who is knowledgeable about football, good at running a business and can relate to people ie the supporters. Oh aye and a shit load of dosh.

Why does anyone buy any club mate. Why did anyone buy Wolves, or Leeds, or Cardiff?

It happens. We have a hell of a lot of potential, remember that.

Exactly. I mean I bought my car because I saw what it is. I didn't buy it because of the sate it was in because it had come in that day and had not been valeted. Any self respecting, proper businessman would do the same with the club. They will see what it can be and what it has in place already. The state of the club would be, if I was a businessman with a few million, a very attractive proposition. What fun would I have taking over a club that already have top notch people and top notch facilities in place and was already extremely well run? I want a club that is a project. Something I can build up from scratch and take 100% credit for it.

Exactly. I mean I bought my car because I saw what it is. I didn't buy it because of the sate it was in because it had come in that day and had not been valeted. Any self respecting, proper businessman would do the same with the club. They will see what it can be and what it has in place already. The state of the club would be, if I was a businessman with a few million, a very attractive proposition. What fun would I have taking over a club that already have top notch people and top notch facilities in place and was already extremely well run? I want a club that is a project. Something I can build up from scratch and take 100% credit for it.
You live with your Mam.

You should have put the money towards a house of your own rather than buying a hairdresser car.

You're hardly in any position to offer sound business advice.

Only when Short takes responsibility and pays off the debt that he has created

Back