Why would anyone buy us now?

Am I being defeatist and stupid?

1) We have big debts that are only getting bigger.
2) Selling all our player "assets" we will still be left with payments for the likes of N'Dong, Djilibodgy etc..
3) I would doubt the parachute payments will cover even the reduced wage bill now.
4) Coleman is also on a canny wage for another two years (2-4m?).

The debt will only get bigger and how could some put down £70+ million for a League One side? Where is the possibility of a return unless it's an outlay of even more?

No buyer and still spiralling debt can only end in one eventual scenario?

Simple

Promotion and the value of the club goes up hugely

Double promotion and you make a fortune

Granted neither look likely right now, but look at Wolves, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester etc

Wolves did not have the player recruitment/manager recruitment debt we have, hell they even found someone to pay a lot for Fletcher...

I think of Portsmouth who are probably still paying Tal Ben Haim.

You don't make money getting promoted?! It costs a huge amount of money in terms of transfer fees and wages, and signing up players on lucrative long term contracts. Getting us from where we now are back to being an established PL club would cost the equivalent of the GDP of a small country. Do people actually think there's money for investors to make from football?!

Wolves did not have the player recruitment/manager recruitment debt we have, hell they even found someone to pay a lot for Fletcher...

I think of Portsmouth who are probably still paying Tal Ben Haim.

Cardiff City were minutes from administration if reports are to be believed, Leeds went into administration, as did Leciester, Southampton and Palace.

Buy us on the cheap, loads of land around the stadium ripe for development. Then, invest on the team, that is all thats needed and get the stuff on the pitch right and the debts, i would imagine would sort themselves out.

You dont have to spend the amount Wolves, Villa, The Toon, Boro etc have. I personally would be looking at that Nicola Cortese he wants back into football, so he said.

Then the premier league riches, you are laughing.

Simple really, just need to get that idea that gets me the big bucks that would enable me to buy a football club.

Last edited:
You don't make money getting promoted?! It costs a huge amount of money in terms of transfer fees and wages, and signing up players on lucrative long term contracts. Getting us from where we now are back to being an established PL club would cost the equivalent of the GDP of a small country. Do people actually think there's money for investors to make from football?!
No. But people still buy clubs.

Is it vanity? Maybe. But they still buy them

Man city got bought and look at them now.
And them mank cùnts can't even fill their seats with that display.

Buy us on the cheap, loads of land around the stadium ripe for development. Then, invest on the team, that is all thats needed and get the stuff on the pitch right and the debts, i would imagine would sort themselves out.

You dont have to spend the amount Wolves, Villa, The Toon, Boro etc have. I personally would be looking at that Nicola Cortese he wants back into football, so he said.

Then the premier league riches, you are laughing.

Simple really, just need to get that idea that gets me the big bucks that would enable me to buy a football club.
The problem with the land around the stadium is that any new buildings would cost more to build than they would be worth. Look at the echo building, those flats were going for £200,000, you can pick them up for £70,000. The whole town needs massive investment.

Man city got bought and look at them now.
And them mank cùnts can't even fill their seats with that display.
I always felt sorry for them, when they were in the 3rd division United were winning premier league titles. Imagine if the mags won something next year for example. However the way they never celebrated the cup win against us will always grind with me. I don’t like them now

Last edited:

Back