Why haven't dogs evolved to avoid eating rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @The Wanderer once pointed out, human beings have two stomachs - one for food and another for drink. Dogs have 3 stomachs - normal food, drink and another for things like poo, bed springs, cats ears, dairylea wrappers, etc.

Aye, filthy bastards. Intelligent in many ways but their eating habits are vile. My fatha-in-law has a beagle and the little twat literally eats anything. It would eat all day if it could. When we are there, it literally just walks round sniffing the floor constantly looking for any spec of a crumb the kids have dropped while eating. Its not like its starved either. Its well looked after and is a right little fat fucker. Eats absolutely anything that gets dropped from baby wipes out the kids travel bag, snot rags, crisp packets, burger boxes. There was some lettuce on the floor once though and it wouldn't eat that.

Edit: When the mother in law was alive the dog ate her denture fixing agent (glue/cement type thing) and when they came in the room and found it it had its gob sealed shut with the stuff looking very sheepish. I'd have left the bastard like that, me.

Last edited:
I have an aged English Springer she has never eaten any sort of crap or rubbish in all the time we have had her. She is very choosy about her grub. The worst dogs for bin dipping that I know is the Labrador. They are a very popular breed in our local park but all of them are at it. Even the guide dog brought by a blind chap for its daily run about off the lead is straight over to the bins and scoffing the remains of day old kebabs.

I have an aged English Springer she has never eaten any sort of crap or rubbish in all the time we have had her. She is very choosy about her grub. The worst dogs for bin dipping that I know is the Labrador. They are a very popular breed in our local park but all of them are at it. Even the guide dog brought by a blind chap for its daily run about off the lead is straight over to the bins and scoffing the remains of day old kebabs.
Boring ****

Boring ****
Thanks for the stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back