Why does nobody care?

The Rat

Striker
Let's leave aside people inside the club, owner, CEO, players etc

I just don't see our situation being mentioned anywhere outside of our bubble. No ex-players speaking out. No pundits.

The "we are a big club" arguments are tedious normally, but we are a pretty big club, heading for back to back relegations in such awful fashion and it feels like nobody cares.

Why hasn't Quinny even said anything?

Is it because we are stuck in the north east or something?

So much football coverage, 24/7 stories, mostly about fuck all, this is a real big story surely. I;m at a loss with the whole thing, feels like we have just been left to die and nobody outside the fan base gives a shit.

I just don't see our situation being mentioned anywhere outside of our bubble. No ex-players speaking out. No pundits.

The "we are a big club" arguments are tedious normally, but we are a pretty big club, heading for back to back relegations in such awful fashion and it feels like nobody cares.

So much football coverage, 24/7 stories, mostly about fuck all, this is a real big story surely. I;m at a loss with the whole thing, feels like we have just been left to die and nobody outside the fan base gives a shit.

From Quinny from last year

Sunderland need overhaul after Premier League relegation, says Niall Quinn

No one cares about north east football. We are a marginalised city, in a marginalised region......The view of north east football is no different, them up the road need a constant 24hr PR campaign to remind the nation they're still there and relevant

not many fans give a shit never mind outsiders man.

I think you’re right - many of us are now numb to the situation because whilst passionate when it starts getting shit, ten seasons later you sometimes lose the will and energy saying the same thing and seeing no change

I think the main reason the media are failing to mention our plight is because it isn't a surprise to them. A cast of thousands have been on our books over the last few years and quite a few have alluded to problems off the field. The media have never pushed them further on that narrative which suggests they know what those issues are but can't or won't mention them.

It's not - really.
Not many people outside of Sunderland will care about Sunderland Football Club.
Take Coventry for instance - they've gone from the premier league to League two , but they very rarely get a mention 'nationwide'.

Back