Why do you never see dead birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen a seagull go under a car last weekend,needless to say when it came out the other end it was dead.
Nay pics!

There must be billions of them but you never see a dead one, well you might see one but considering there must be more of them than humans its just odd how you never see many.
You're looking in the wrong direction mate. The deed ones tend not be up in the sky like the live ones.
Don't seagulls fly out to sea to die?
I presumed they just wandered onto the road.

One way birds die while flying is when they are caught in powerful updrafts. In some cases this leads to them freezing to death. This can happen to high fliers like migrating geese, whose bodies might take a while to escape the fatal air currents, but sooner or later the dead birds will land.

Saw a dead tawny owl in the trees near the railway lines behind my house the other day, Looked like it had been shot. Dead Barn Owl by the road just outside of Hunwick the way to bishop a couple of month ago...

I see dead birds all the time.

Me and the missus were on that famous tower in Turin a couple of year back and bits of pigeon, then eventually a carcass came falling onto the viewing deck from the spire above. Looked up an a perergrine was just finishing its breakfast:)

Little Italian wifey caje along with a dustpan and brush and swept it up like and looked at me as if to say "happens all the time" :)

There must be billions of them but you never see a dead one, well you might see one but considering there must be more of them than humans its just odd how you never see many.
I see dead birds all the time. Usually in the garden, murdered by my cats and eaten by my dog.

I find a few in my backyard from time to time. I just pick them up and throw them away. Oh, I am a pescatarian. If there were any dead fish in my backyard, I'd cook the fuckers.

Working on the railway you see loads of dead stuff. Seagulls pigeons foxes dogs cats badgers deer sheep
Get to see dead pigeons up really close as what's left of them slides down window after hitting them at 125mph.

The roads round mine are littered with dead pheasants. Not sure which they’d prefer mind, being blasted with lead pellets or splatted by a car.

I also have a dead pigeon in my garden. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back