Why did BBC Look North

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Newcastle getting relegated and them sending Dawn Thewlis to Discount Tracksuit Thunderdome to do a report.
It went...
"I'm here outside St James Park where the mood is of devastation for the region, Newcastle United have been relegated, back to the studio..."
and that was it! When it was us the went on about it for the whole week.

Last time I was at Radio Newcastle I asked why Sunderland gets cropped off their logo and Newcastle is in the middle.
I got some half baked excuse about it representing the whole region.
Logon or register to see this image

Their excuse that they can’t change the name of the radio station (due to the brand name being too strong) is rubbish too , Opal fruits are now starburst, marathon is now snickers and treats are now M&M’s it can be done they just won’t.

Their excuse that they can’t change the name of the radio station (due to the brand name being too strong) is rubbish too , Opal fruits are now starburst, marathon is now snickers and treats are now M&M’s it can be done they just won’t.

That is utter bollocks - BBC is the brand, imagine the BBC would not want to change BBC to something else but changing Radio Newcastle to BBC North East would be dead easy. I agree about anything doom and gloom it is over to Sunderland, something positive it is Newcastle but everyone from Sunderland has a chip on their shoulder so you can't win. Never noticed that Sunderland is chopped in the logo too. The BBC should scrap all the regional broadcasting and have local stuff online, would save a fortune. Why have that badly bloke telling me it is going to rain and 2 mins later I am told the same on a national forecast ?

That is utter bollocks - BBC is the brand, imagine the BBC would not want to change BBC to something else but changing Radio Newcastle to BBC North East would be dead easy. I agree about anything doom and gloom it is over to Sunderland, something positive it is Newcastle but everyone from Sunderland has a chip on their shoulder so you can't win. Never noticed that Sunderland is chopped in the logo too. The BBC should scrap all the regional broadcasting and have local stuff online, would save a fortune. Why have that badly bloke telling me it is going to rain and 2 mins later I am told the same on a national forecast ?
Just get your weather from me mate. Far more reliable 👍

Cos Sunderland is Brexit city. The touchstone of the land.

Just scraped into the top 100 of most Brexit areas - it fits their national narrative that only dumb northerners voted for Brexit and their local narrative that only dumb Sunlun voted for Brexit.
When in reality London, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Gibraltar were the only areas that voted to Remain in the referendum and only Newcastle (narrowly) in the region voted to remain.

Just scraped into the top 100 of most Brexit areas - it fits their national narrative that only dumb northerners voted for Brexit and their local narrative that only dumb Sunlun voted for Brexit.
When in reality London, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Gibraltar were the only areas that voted to Remain in the referendum and only Newcastle (narrowly) in the region voted to remain.
Ah but Sunderland declared first so it's branded forever as Brexit central. Says a lot for the way the media operate nowadays.

Ah but Sunderland declared first so it's branded forever as Brexit central. Says a lot for the way the media operate nowadays.
thats why we dont watch news programmes anymore
dont watch have I got news for you either

the BBC wants government funding, that means money from the people, yet it continues with its left wing views.
Just report the facts. dont put a slant on it. they even got bollocked for putting an article out that was biased against Trump.
How bad that must of been as he normally does that himself

thats why we dont watch news programmes anymore
dont watch have I got news for you either

the BBC wants government funding, that means money from the people, yet it continues with its left wing views.
Just report the facts. dont put a slant on it. they even got bollocked for putting an article out that was biased against Trump.
How bad that must of been as he normally does that himself
I didn't single out the BBC. All media is to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back